PRS Tremonti SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Tremonti SE

Does any one know how good/bad the PRS Tremomti SE is ? Any ideas about pups for classic Rock/blues etc !
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
    Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Re: PRS Tremonti SE

i played one about a month ago, very nice guitar for the money, only about $400 if i remember right. it was fairly light, but had a nice playing neck, fairly big. i only played it clean, i got some decent blues type sounds out of it, but in my opinion, the pickups kinda lacked character. a good set of SDs would probably sound great in it. the fit and finish on the one i played was flawless, it was setup perfect for my tastes, if i wasnt a college student lacking money i'd probably have bought it on the spot. nicer than the epiphone LPs i played.
    Fender John Mayer Strat
    Gibson SG Special w/ JB bridge
    PRS Soapbar II SE
    Bad Cat Cub IIR 1x12
    Budda Twinmaster and matching 2x12 cab

Taylor 614CE

Comment

I own one but am selling it to a buddy. Deep down, I really prefer double cutaways and trems.

Not a bad guitar, esp for the $$$. The stock pickups are okay but like all guitars in that price range, the electronics (pots, caps & jack) aren't all that great. I'd hold on to it but it's buried in the rotation (I have 5-6 guitars I play more often) so I might as well get my money out of the guitar and let my buddy have a cool instrument for drop tuning.

If you're gonna get one new, you'll need to act fast since PRS isn't allowed to build the Tremonti/Tremonti SE/Singlecut/SE Soapbar models pending Gibson's lawsuit.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat
        i played one about a month ago, very nice guitar for the money, only about $400 if i remember right. it was fairly light, but had a nice playing neck, fairly big. i only played it clean, i got some decent blues type sounds out of it, but in my opinion, the pickups kinda lacked character. a good set of SDs would probably sound great in it. the fit and finish on the one i played was flawless, it was setup perfect for my tastes, if i wasnt a college student lacking money i'd probably have bought it on the spot. nicer than the epiphone LPs i played.
        That about sums it up. The neck is very large, so that might be a problem if you're not used to bigger necks. The stock pickups are okay, but not spectacular. The action on the one I played was a little high, but that's easily fixed with a setup. For the money, I think it's the best foreign built guitar you can buy. I was really impressed with the one I played. I think a C5/Pearly Gates set would work well in that guitar.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I played one Saturday and was impressed by it overall. It was setup almost perfectly right out of the box. My only real gripe with it was the weight, I prefer them a bit heavier than it was. I am still thinking about picking one up, the lawsuit will make them popular in the future. IMHO
          Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
          he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Comment

Working...
          X