Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverend guitars

hi guys,

i am very much tempted to purchase a reverend rocco. does anyone in the forum has the experience to share the pros and cons of this guitar?

cheers!
    dani
    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Re: reverend guitars

I've got a Reverend Slingshot that I love! The neck is awesome and the body resonates better than my 73 Les Paul Custom.

Comment

I don't own a Rocco, but a few years ago I played one that was a remnant from when they sold through retail. Great playing, great sounding guitar. I didn't think much of it when I first looked at it, but when I plugged in I was genuinely blown away. After checking out a bunch of other guitars at other guitar shops I went back to buy it but someone had already picked it up.
      Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
      Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
      Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
      http://emayhem.com/the_fords
      (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

you could get on their mailing list and get notices when they have stuff at a discount
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
          you could get on their mailing list and get notices when they have stuff at a discount
          thanks curly! i am already on their mailing list!

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
            I've got a Reverend Slingshot that I love! The neck is awesome and the body resonates better than my 73 Les Paul Custom.
            hey ian! can you tell me more on your slingshot? the tone, sustain and what you don't like on the guitar? i read that many find reverend guitars to be on the bright side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by mjsever
              I don't own a Rocco, but a few years ago I played one that was a remnant from when they sold through retail. Great playing, great sounding guitar. I didn't think much of it when I first looked at it, but when I plugged in I was genuinely blown away. After checking out a bunch of other guitars at other guitar shops I went back to buy it but someone had already picked it up.
              hey mjsever, that must have sucked. i would appreciate if you don't mind elaborating great playing and great sounding. cheers!

Comment

anybody else own, tried or have any experience with reverend guitars?

Comment

I had a slingshot for a while, but it was one of the metal topped ones. I had a problem with the edge. That little chrome armrest was in the wrong position for my arm. It was slightly adjustable, but not enough. The problem? Well, I kept getting these little paper cut things on my arm from the metal top. I finally had to sell it. My arm was a mess after a long night of playing it. Nice tone though.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by dani
                    hey ian! can you tell me more on your slingshot? the tone, sustain and what you don't like on the guitar? i read that many find reverend guitars to be on the bright side of things.
                    The tone is very nice...awfully meaty for a semi-hollow! The sustain is pretty good...mine has a hardtail, so that's probably why. My only complaint is that I wish mine had locking tuners, but the new ones have those. I have no issues with excess brightness.

Comment

thanks scott and ian!

being in singapore, i will not be able to try one out before i buy. thats the bummer. so i reckon you guys do recommend reverend guitars as a good purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by dani
                        so i reckon you guys do recommend reverend guitars as a good purchase?
                        For sure!

Comment

Working...
                        X