banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the rundown on the new MXR EVH Phase 90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have the rundown on the new MXR EVH Phase 90?

I saw an ad for it in guitar world or something and as usual jimdunlop.com says absolutely nothing about it! They did that with the Wylde OD also, there were ads everywere but NO info anywere! Anyways whats that button on it do etc.?
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Re: Anyone have the rundown on the new MXR EVH Phase 90?

The button switches between the sound of the old "script-logo" Phase 90 and the new Phase 90.

Basically, it's a Phase 90 with a cool paint job and a cool blue LED.
    "Dave, what are your thoughts on AIDS?"
    "You're talking about sex, right? Hell, i don't need no aids!" -Dave Mustaine

Comment

ic.....well i do like blue leds!
      EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Comment

I stumbled upon it while checking out the Dunlop site. Looks incredibly sweet. The Script mode era Phase 90 is supposedly the best. Here you can switch between the old school style and the new one modded to EVH's specs.

And of course, the most important feature, the blue led
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
            Would somebody put a freakin' concentric pot on there so it can have a depth control too, I keep wondering why they don't because having that depth locked for 100% sweep limits the medium to faster rates, which can be very attractive clean. I wonder if it incorporates the very mods that we have been talking about on this forum.
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I'm pretty sure the mods we did to our MXR Phase 90s are different. We took the modern ones and removed a few resistors/capacitors to smoothen it, take away some distortion and make it more transparent.

I like my pedal with the mods, but it isn't near as apparent when engaged as before. It's definitely there, but you have to really listen for it.
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                I'm pretty sure the mods we did to our MXR Phase 90s are different. We took the modern ones and removed a few resistors/capacitors to smoothen it, take away some distortion and make it more transparent.

I like my pedal with the mods, but it isn't near as apparent when engaged as before. It's definitely there, but you have to really listen for it.
                I've played through an old script logo Phase 45 (two stages of phase) and it was even milder than the script phase 90 ... I'd just like a script era phase 90 switchable to phase 45 with a depth control, and better headroom and noise specs ...

Comment

Wow, Eddie seems to be lending striped paint jobs to just about everything these days. Next thing you know, the soccer mom down the street will be driving a red, white, and black striped minivan.

Ryan
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Hmmm, might have to get one of those.

The older mxr phase 90s definitely sound better than the new ones.
                    Originally posted by Jolly
                    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                      Hmmm, might have to get one of those.

The older mxr phase 90s definitely sound better than the new ones.
                      I still say to find an old BOSS PH-1R, four stages of phase shift (like the 90), rate, depth, and resonance controls ... very versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
                        I saw an ad for it in guitar world or something and as usual jimdunlop.com says absolutely nothing about it! They did that with the Wylde OD also, there were ads everywere but NO info anywere! Anyways whats that button on it do etc.?
                        There was a picture up on the site(jimdunlop.com) but for some reason they pulled it off sometime on Wednesday. It had an older picture of Eddie. My guess is they forgot to call his lawyers and get permission to use his likeness in their ad.

Comment

What is this Phase 90 mod I'm hearing about that everyone did except for me? I feel so left out... someone private message me the mod so I feel cool again!
                          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Working...
                          X