Tremolo - BlocKed or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo - BlocKed or Not

I have the vntage bridge on my strat. I do not use the tremolo right now. Is it better to block it or not block it for a good sustained clear sound?

Thanks.

Re: Tremolo - BlocKed or Not

....is this the month of blocking trems???
    Just put in a block of wood that will fit between then tremblock and the body, no upward movement, and lots of contact, expect a stiffer playing guitar after that.

Comment

You don't have to block it, just set it flat against the guitar's face and install all five springs. This should transferr more energy and vibration to the guitar's body without having to block it.

I usually have mine floating at the rear edge about 1/8" with three springs, but I use mine a lot.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
        I have the vntage bridge on my strat. I do not use the tremolo right now. Is it better to block it or not block it for a good sustained clear sound?

Thanks.
        What you can also do is just set the trem for down use only, this works particularly well on vintage trems. You keep the tonal effect of the springs, but have more solid contact with the body increasing sustain and fattening up the tone in most cases. I personally always set vintage trems up "flat", i.e. this way (on my own axes). In essence, all you do is tighten the springs in the back until the plate rests flat when tuned to pitch, then add 1 oir 2 turns per screw to suit your taste (how "easy" it sould be to go down with the wang bar). Then reset string hight and reintonate

Originally posted by Rid
        ....is this the month of blocking trems???....
        I´m starting to wonder myself. Weekly this question is normal, but DAILY? ? I think I´m gonna copy my nex "trem -blocking post" to the clipboard and just paste it in when someone asks again

Oh Well, more Jacksons for me I guess
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
        X