Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on a martin 000C-16RGTE?

does anyone have a Martin 000C-16RGTE?

I'm currently looking for a nice acoustic...and I've been playing a bunch in stores the past few weeks. I played this one yesterday at guitar center and I really liked how it played and sounded...although the strings were really dead on it...I'm hoping with new ones it will be a little brighter sounding.

Anyway...they're selling it for about $1500. Is this a good guitar for this price range? I've played a bunch of Taylors and Takamines as well, and so far I like the sound and feel of this martin the best in this price range.

I'm looking for something with a sweet tone, cutaway, and preferably acoustic/electric. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.
    thereveling.com

Re: opinions on a martin 000C-16RGTE?

MArtins are great guitars. If you are spending $1500.00 or more and the strings on the guitar are dead have them change the strings for you before you buy it. My preference is to change the strings myself in the store. This gives you an oppurtunity to see how the tuners work as well as examine inside the body. There is nothing better than changing the strings to really get to know the guitar your planning on having for the resdt of your life!
    These are in the midrange price of Martins. Thay are nice guitars, and I particularly like this body size. The OM size is excellent for fingerpicking as well as strumming. It is a good all around guitar. If you are interested in looking at other brands in this price range look at Guild, Taylor ,Gibson (probably more$), and some of the Taks. I personally agree with you that anything other than a Martin will be a step down. I like Guilds a lot. I own a D55, and a Martin J40. The MArtin is a much nicer Guitar, but the Guild is more stable. The woods are heavier so the neck does not move around as much as the Martin. This IMO is a trade off. If you are planning on performing out a lot, and will plug the guitar into a PA of some kind, buy a guitar that has a good EQ that will be important. How your guitar sounds in the bedroom won't mean much onstage. If you are planning on buying a guitar and playing it mostly at home go with a good quality nice sounding acoustic. Spend more money on better wood/construction it will mean more to you than you think. If you can find a used OM18(Martin) it will cost about the same money and is a considerably better Guitar.
    Once you have decided on what you will buy make sure you buy some form of Humidifier. Good Acoustic guitars are made of sold woods that are very thin. If the wood dries out you could get some major cracks in it. I actually keep a meter in each case to monitor the Humidity. I add moisture when the humidity drops below 55%. Nothing worse for a guitar than letting it dry out! Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Bludave; 07-29-2004, 12:53 PM.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

well, I know you can't test it out, but you might check the price with Buffalo Brothers ...
      I don't know about Martins, but they beat GCs price on Taylors by quite a bit.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

any opinions on the newer materials martin is using in these guitars....specifically Micarta and Boltaron?
        thereveling.com

Comment

Working...
        X