No announcement yet.

Love the Martin D-15? Can't afford one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the Martin D-15? Can't afford one?

I was at Sam Ash the other day, as I usually just pop in to nurture the love affair I have with Martin's simple, elegant, mahogany-bodied, sweet-warm-tone-dripping D-15. And as usual, I was about to just walk out empty handed, rather than $750 or so further in debt, when a similar-looking guitar caught my eye...

I was like, "what is thiiiiiiiisssss"? Could it be? A more affordable solid mahogany acoustic guitar?

It was a Washburn wd18sw. And you know what? It felt every bit as sturdy as the Martin (a big factor for me in choosing an acoustic guitar is whether or not it just feels solid). It played beautifully, and it was even a TAD bit brighter than the dark, warm (yet sweeeeet and beautiful) D-15. I felt like I was cheating on my beloved D-15! But at $450 LESS than the Martin, this guitar sparked some serious purchase-consideration within me.

Still, I'm broke-ass poor and would have to sell a few things first. That is the only reason I don't have that guitar in my posession right this instant.

So all you acoustic-playing tone-seekers on a budget, give this guitar a try. Granted, it's not 100% as sweet and silky as the Martin, but it's daaaaaaymn good!

(BTW, Washburn's website describes the guitar's body as Sapele. I'll save you the Google search - that's African Mahogany)

Re: Love the Martin D-15? Can't afford one?

Just remember........... You get what you pay for.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
    X