Holy crap...This Is IT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap...This Is IT

The color, the top....exactly what I want for my Heritage LP custom order. The only thing is that this guitar has a Black Korina body, and I want South American Mahogany to be correct to actual 1959 Les Paul specs. This thing is beautiful.

My Sound Clips

Re: Holy crap...This Is IT

Absolutely gorgeous. I'll leave it at that.
    7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

wow - that is pretty ... i bet even the korina sounds incredible

good luck in your quest for the 'right one'
      cheers
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Hey Jeff - that's exactly what I want my next finishing project to look like. Wish me luck with the experiments!

Chip
        Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
        Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
        Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
        SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
        SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
        "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          ...I want South American Mahogany to be correct to actual 1959 Les Paul specs.
          Just curious...what '59 specs are going to be a part of this guitar?

Comment

I'm not even a huge fan of Les Pauls, but ...
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

This is a little blurb from Jay at Wolfe Guitars regarding the type of wood used on late 50's LP's.

"The best of the Les Pauls historically are the late 1950’s versions, which all had bodies from the very resonant & toneful “South American mahogany”, or “SAM”. This wood is lighter, less “wet”, harder to obtain & more expensive."

I also want to have the following on my LP from Heritage:

Eastern Rock Maple carved top
              17 degree headstock angle
              4 degree neck angle
              Historically correct body shape, weight, carve...ect.
              Standard 1959 neck shape and thickness
              Brazilian Rosewood fretboard

Stuff like that. I figure that the best way to get as close to the true LP sound of the late 50's greats is to have one built using as close as is possible the same components. Additionally, having some of the same craftsman that built LP's in the 50's and 60's build my LP can't hurt either. The only thing this guitar will not have is the Gibson logo on the headstock. I can live with that for all of the other plus's I'll get. I also won't have to spend $4k on a Gibson custom shop model only to get close to the specs I can get from Heritage for 1/3 of the cost.

There's something special about that Kalamazoo factory....and I'd like to have an instrument built there by the guys who started it all, before they all retire or pass on. It's going to be a fun project.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

OH MAN, that's so pretty it hurts!
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Does Jay Wolfe still supply a korina body/neck if requested? I remember having an email battle with him once and he said that he didn't recommend korina for an LP cause it was a fill-in wood that Gibson used during the 60's.

Comments?
                  'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

That is a beautiful axe Jeff.

Comment

Looks beautiful

do those heritages play as good as a decent les paul?
                      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Schaaaweeeeetttt!!!
                        Originally posted by jeremy
                        God hates bad guitar tone
                        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Hey Jeff - I know you'll be happy with the end result. Jay certainly did right by me with the 535 "Special" <------

Here's another pic from the ReRanch gallery that I've always drooled over - almost identical to your example but a little more amber and less brown:

Just in case you needed more ideas

Chip
                          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Thanks Chip, just what I need....more options.

Actually, the color you posted was the color I had decided on until I found this pic. I always think of the color of Scott_F's 58'RI, and like the color with just a touch lighter edges for my taste. I could get 5 of these guitars, and not cover all the bases I want.
                            My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                            X