Iron Maiden Signature axes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden Signature axes?

Is any of the members using there signature axes?

I know steve has a SD QP pup in his Precision, has he the pup in his other axes too?

Thanks!
    100% Bass player

Re: Iron Maiden Signature axes?

I don't own one but man would i kill for a maiden signature strat...such a sweet guitar IMO!!

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I owned the Iron Maiden Strat for a spell. Nice enough guitar..but...turns out that I don't like Stratocasters. Beyond that I'd have two complaints about the guitar. First, the basswood is far from durable and dents with extreme ease. Second, there's not much difference in sound between the middle and neck pup. The mirrored pickguard is also prone to cracking so you'd want to replace that....but since it's a Japanes model, you'll need one custom made (which isn't that expensive or that big of a pain).
      PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
      PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
      GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
      Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
      Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
      various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by chcjunior
        I owned the Iron Maiden Strat for a spell. Nice enough guitar..but...turns out that I don't like Stratocasters. Beyond that I'd have two complaints about the guitar. First, the basswood is far from durable and dents with extreme ease. Second, there's not much difference in sound between the middle and neck pup. The mirrored pickguard is also prone to cracking so you'd want to replace that....but since it's a Japanes model, you'll need one custom made (which isn't that expensive or that big of a pain).
        Yeah it's weird that they would make the Iron Maiden sig a basswood body. I mean Adrian and Dave dont play basswood strats! Otherwise i'd probably save up money and buy one, if they were alder, that is.

Comment

The neck is very nice on the Maiden Strat. Your best bet is to get a Highway 1 Strat with an alder body, put a JB in the bridge and 2 JB Jrs in the middle/neck. If you wanna play the same guitar Dave Murray plays now, you'll have to get a Wayne Rock Legend ... alder body, AAA birdseye maple neck, original Floyd ...
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            The neck is very nice on the Maiden Strat. Your best bet is to get a Highway 1 Strat with an alder body, put a JB in the bridge and 2 JB Jrs in the middle/neck. If you wanna play the same guitar Dave Murray plays now, you'll have to get a Wayne Rock Legend ... alder body, AAA birdseye maple neck, original Floyd ...
            I think the best setup would be

alder body
            maple neck + fb
            lil jb- bridge
            hot rails- mid and neck
            khaler trem

but right now i'm not really looking for another guitar. I need a new amp first.

Comment

Anybody know anything about Steve?

bump...
              100% Bass player

Comment

he has one of those badass bridges from memory.

i think the maiden strat is lilJB hot rails hotrails with a floyd..
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

*Homer Simpson scream*

Better try this in the pickup forum...
                  100% Bass player

Comment

steve has a fender precision, a badass 2 bridge and a duncan quarter pounder. he's using flatwound rotosound strings (he's got a signature pack)

as for the 'three amigos'
                    depends on who's strat you'd want.
                    if you go with janick, he's got a 'stock' '63 (the beaten up white one) strat with two JBJr's (bridge and neck) one other's got a lil59 in the neck i think (judging from the sound) and his white one's got 3 JBJr's and the one he used at donnington in '92 which almost has a hole on the upper right cos of 'overuse' (also sporting a JBJr b/n) and all of em got vintage trems

dave's lately using custom made strats with 3 hotrails, floyd double locking trem and a '57 neck on the geetar.. allthough everyone that knows maiden wants his '57 strat hehe :drool: and i also would like to have the paul he used on Rainmaker .. the tooone, so buttery and soft

adrians are pretty much stock 'lone stars' except he's got a dimarzio PAF in the bridge the tobacco sunburst's got a new neck though, dont know the specs

and the new wayne geetar looks spiffy also (and i dont like sunburst guitars)

hope i helped ya out

Comment

Check these links out:

Dave Murray: http://guitargeek.com/rigview/353/

Adrian Smith: http://guitargeek.com/rigview/351/

Comment

Originally posted by inter
                        Check these links out:
                        Dave Murray: http://guitargeek.com/rigview/353/
                        Adrian Smith: http://guitargeek.com/rigview/351/
                        Seems sorely out of date, tho ...
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Lol,

I dunno, for a band that's quite 'seasoned', a rig based on their '2000' setup wouldn't have changed that much.

Don't quote me on that though

Comment

plus, the guitar part on those rigs is wrong
                            VARIOUS VINTAGE MODELS - MODIFIED WITH NEW NECKS, BRIDGES AND NUTS - SEYMOUR DUNCAN JB JUNIOR PICKUPS IN BRIDGE AND NECK POSISTIONS
                            for adrians rig.. this is partialy true for janicks rig

and i think dave switched to a diferent foot switching when on the GMETID tour.. but i could be wrong.. my memory is kind of fuzzy about that night (not from drinking though hehe)

and about the fender maiden sig.. you're better off buying a MIM deluxe fender and upgrade it than go for the japan made maiden sig. and it was a one year run only

the guitageek rigs arent that much out of date. they still use the jmp1's and the 9200 power amps. also add a jum dunlop wah to daves rig and a tubescreamer for janick, and thats a lot of stuff adrian's rig supposedly has..
                            Last edited by Davey; 08-09-2004, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info about the 3 amigos!

But about steve, do you know Davey if he has the SD QP in all of his axes or just the signature?

Thanks!
                              100% Bass player

Comment

Working...
                              X