Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drums?

OK, I know this isn't the greatest site to be askin this, but yous give the quickest replys!

I really wanna learn drums, as I can't sing and I wanna be able to do something apart from play guitar, sooooo, can you recommend any good begginer kits?
    My goal is to be able to play Killswitch or metallica drums, or any thin metal if that is a factor at all.

Cheers
    Ju, ju, just like the bad guy from lethal weapon 2, I got diplomatic immunity so Hammer you can't sue....!

ESP LTD MH-400
    Marshall VS 8240
    Boss DS-1, Cry baby
    Ernie Ball strings, Jim Dunlop picks
    Planet waves cables

Re: Drums?

I remember seeing some $350-500 priced kits from Musician's Friend..let's see if I can find them again...

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

Ludwig 5 piece - $319!!!
      Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Tama Stagestar 5 piece - $389!
      Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

and if you want to be a pud and use a double kick pedal:

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

I'd go straight to a tama rockstar... mid level kit, better wood and hardware. Lower end kits are like cheep epiphones. Go used if you can. Drum kits retain value very poorly over time.

For pedals, I recomend going straight to something that will last you once you decide to replace whatever comes with the kit. Tama's "Iron Cobra" is great for speed, Pearls "Powershifter Eliminator" is not as good for speed but much better for power.

For cymbals, I recomend buying Sabian B8s - used if possible since they retain value very poorly. 3-5 years down the road, once you're a better player and you know what you want, you will be in a better position to buy quality cymbals that will work for you.

Comment

i would reccomend getting a pacific kit, a lot of their low end stuff has quality mounting systems, but they have small tom sizes

if you want quality hardware, tama is the way to go

and i agree that b8s are the cymbals to buy at first. i upgraded all of mine after 2 years ( my sigs outdated) and i also suggest waiting a while before getting a double pedal, you'll be better by then.
          Gear: K Custom 20" Dry ride, old Sabian B8 14" Hi Hats and 18" Crash, New B8 16" Crash. Remo Emperor Heads on 14" Slingerland snare, 12" and 16" toms. Aquarian Super Kick.

Comment

Since you live in Ireland and you cant buy from musicians friend id suggest you just go into musicmaker and see what they have on offer..I think they might still have pearl exports for something like €600 which is good, But if your really just beginning and not planning on touring then your best off just going into musicmaker and seeing what they have for a reasonable amount of money..
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3
            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Oh and Instrumental do Tama i think so i'd check there too..
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I started with a Tama kit and it was pretty good. Now they have more to choose from. Pacific drums look very promissing kit, Gretch is a great kit and not that high in price. Ludwig has some kits, mapex, pearl, Yamaha.
                Gear:
                Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
                1988 Strat (copy)
                Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
                Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
                Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Comment

+1 for Pacific. They are a subsidiary of DW (Drum Workshop).

Remember, just like with guitars (and everything else) you get what you pay for.
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

hey, cheers for all the replys!
                    Y2Stevo, yeah, I went into musicmaker and instrumental today, the guy in mm was real helpful, recommended some pearl kit for 4oo
                    Ju, ju, just like the bad guy from lethal weapon 2, I got diplomatic immunity so Hammer you can't sue....!

ESP LTD MH-400
                    Marshall VS 8240
                    Boss DS-1, Cry baby
                    Planet waves cables

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                      Ludwig 5 piece - $319!!!

Tama Stagestar 5 piece - $389!

and if you want to be a pud and use a double kick pedal:

Dude, they are so cheap, i mean, ludwig and tama are both well known makes in the world of drums! Over here you cant get a beginners kit from an unkown make for less than $350!!
                      Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                      Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                      Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                      RAT
                      Boss PH-1r
                      Ibanez cf-7
                      Ibanwz ts-7
                      Danelectro tremolo
                      Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

a lesson to all on second hand instruments.
                        a youth group i go to was wanting a new drumkit as there old one was baaaaad, so i said id buy the old bust one off them to help raise money for the now kit.
                        beceause of the following things, i got the drumkit for £30
                        1 they are a youth group and so cant exploit you like a shop WILL
                        2 they knew they went going to use it if they had a new kit, i knew this too
                        3 they didnt know that how mutch this kit was worth, but i did!

so i got it home and got my drummer round ans he said "wwwwoooooop" seeint that it had a zildigen ride and crash, a pearl snare and hi-hat and a tama peadal.
                        he tells me that for the zildigen ride alone i would be looking at about 300 quid!

so yeh, look around for unwanted kits that are being sold by people that wont know what they have till youv bouth it off them!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebag
                          hey, cheers for all the replys!
                          Y2Stevo, yeah, I went into musicmaker and instrumental today, the guy in mm was real helpful, recommended some pearl kit for 4oo
                          Thats not bad,I usually get intimadated by the guys in Instrumental and im afrais to ask them anything cos they look pretty scarey so i usually just go in there to look at stuff then run off screamin' personally i think Musician Inc is the best for Guitars as they actually seem to know their stuff, Musicmaker staff dont really know anything (at least the guitar dept doesnt) apart from paul the big guy and the Drum Dept they dont really seem to know much, And Waltons, Dont get me sarted on them..Complete shower of ****ers
                          Marshall JVM 410C
                          Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

HAHA!
                            Yeah, I used to be frightened of the guys of instrumenta; but I kept trading things back to them that I already bought off them so they prolly expect to make money off me when I go in! The guys in musician are prolly sick of seein my face, I must've tried every thing t=in the store just for a laugh! and the people in walton really are clueless!

ESP LTD MH-400
                            Marshall VS 8240
                            Boss DS-1, Cry baby
                            Planet waves cables

Comment

Working...
                            X