Argh....All This "Bogner" Talk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh....All This "Bogner" Talk....

I love the amp I have, and yet all this talk about Bogners has me turning in circles. What's the main difference in tone between the Extacy and Shiva? I know the Extacy has more features and a 3rd channel...right? Compare and contrast for me.....I may have to frikin buy one of these monsters.
    My Sound Clips

Re: Argh....All This "Bogner" Talk....

You'll love the Shiva Jeff
    Especially the 6L6 version, it sounds awesome...reminds me of old Plexis without the danger of old electronics dying, it almost sounds like a pair of 6CA7's....ahhh tone!

Comment

I know what you mean Jeff.......

I'm gonna start having nightmares about someone selling a Bogner really cheap, and then not being able to buy it..........
      There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

For me, the difference between the Shiva and the XTC was that I could afford the Shiva! I'm very pleased with my EL-34 Shiva.

Comment

That deal Nightburst got was amazing....one of the best gear scores I've heard of in a while, comparing what was spent vs what was received.

I know I would love the Extacy, but $2500+ for one is just nuts for a guy like me to spend. I can't do justice to the awsome job Jeff Seal did on my Marshall, let alone what a Bogner is capable of. A Shiva for around a grand is a little eaiser to swallow, and I can use it with the 2x12 cab I'm going to order from Avatar this fall. I've been wanting a head to use as well, don't know why. GAS just has the best of me right now.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

I think GAS has grabbed just about everyone. More now than ever, I want a Bogner or something else than what I have. I have an amazing amp, but I'm caught second guessing my choice. I know what I have beats Mesas and Marshalls, but I've gotten so caught up in tone that that isn't good enough... somehow that's just scary
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

all the bogner talk has really got my GAS going too.... i almost bought a bogner caveman on ebay the other day but i talked myself out of it
              '05 Gibson SG Standard
              '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
              PRS IRW McCarty
              '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
              82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

Sorry guys. I'm pretty surprised, myself, that Nightburst found that amp. What is the conversion rate from Denmark to U.S.?

The truth is, you don't need a Bogner to have a great tone. But....if you try everything out there, it's likely that you'll hit the end of your road at Bogners.
                If you're a rock player, it would take a multi amp rig like Joe Perry's to compete with the tone/versatility of an Ecstasy. Just had to throw that in there.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Sorry guys, didn't mean to give you all GAS.
                  I'm just a lucky sob .

Gearjoneser, what does Denmark has got to do with me? Denmark is a country that lies north of Germany.
                  Holland (where I live) lies west of Germany and is a total different country.
                  I think your topo is a little rusty .

As for the amps: I've read that the shiva's cleasn are better than the Ecstasy cleans, well if hat is the case I need to hear it!!! I still can't believe the clean channel on the Ecstasy. I just switch my guitar to the '59n, the amp to class A and strum some clean chords and I'm in instand tone heaven. This all through a not so good cabinet. (2x12 closed back with 70/80 celestions)

I think this amp likes the '59 because it sounds so much better compared to any good tube amp I've played, must be the scooped eq of the pup combineed with the middy caracter of the amp?)
                  But then again the JB sounds crushing through it !

Comment

For just $5,500 you too can have great tone. Take a look at this on e-bay

GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                    KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

GAS ? or should it be ASS?
                      2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

Originally posted by Mkf411
                        For just $5,500 you too can have great tone. Take a look at this on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...741063267&rd=1
                        The funny thing is, as I keep doing more research, I'm hearing that the Bogner Fish, while awesome, isn't as good as the modern day Bogners like the Ecstasy. Jerry Cantrell plays through a Bogner Shiva now and he raves about them, so it has to be an incredible amp, incredible enough to turn him away from his Fish pre-amp.

As awesome as the Bogner 100B is, it's only slightly different than the 101B and the Classic. People were originally talking about how it's the greatest thing ever invented, but the modern produced stuff is much better.

Gearjoneser is right about those white chases 101Bs... they have the most options, but tonally, from what I've gathered, there is only a slight difference (nevertheless, it'd be awesome to have one of the few of the batch that went to some of the biggest professionals we can imagine).

I'm looking at the Classic as we speak. Some people don't like it, but I'm looking towards it because it's supposed to have better cleans and less compression.
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

yall need to shutup and play what ya got........quit obsessing about your tone and go play music.....
                          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                          >cord<
                          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Re: Argh....All This &quot;Bogner&quot; Talk....

Nightburst...sorry about the Denmark/Holland confusion. I had a moment of geographical dyslexia, probably caused by loud amps.

I know how the GAS spreads here. Every week, there's a different thing that grabs attention. We had a whole month dedicated to Teles, recently. I guess its Bogner week.
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: Argh....All This &quot;Bogner&quot; Talk....

Originally posted by flank
                              yall need to shutup and play what ya got........quit obsessing about your tone and go play music.....
                              Tone is a beautiful thing though

I'll play through anything and I mean ANYTHING: bass amps, keyboard amps, you name it and sound decent, but when it comes down to it, TONE is very important.

If you didn't care about tone, would you be perusing through a pickup guitar companies' forum ?

I think it's cool there are more people out there like me, that are intrigued by "the perfect tone", the "holy grail". It's defined differently for each individual, but if you've ever played a really great amp, you'd realize the type of inspiration it gives you.

Me? While Bogner looks awesome, I'm waiting for the new Suhr 3-channel OD-100 that will be coming out late this year, looks like everything I've been looking for and more... I just need to save up some serious cash for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X