Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Buys Fender???

Could it be?

Just a rumor I heard. I have no idea if there's any truth to it.

Anyone else hear anything about it?

- JGZ
    "I got news for you, this guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians *and* he's an interior decorator!"

you're link isn't working for me...???
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Sorry, the censor is bleeping part of the URL.

it's www.f*ckedcompany.com

The * = a "u"

- JGZ
      "I got news for you, this guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians *and* he's an interior decorator!"

Comment

That´s because Otto censors the URL

http://comments.fuc kedcompany.com/phpcomments/index.php?newsid=106992&sid=1&page=1&parentid=0&cr apfilter=1

Remove the spaces and copy´n Paste into a new Browser Window

But after reading the thread, it seems morte like a vicious rumor to me, but I´ll look into it

If Fender goes to GC, so does Jackson. Not with me, that´s probably the only thing that would get me to switch over to ESP or possibly GMP
        Last edited by Zerberus; 03-25-2004, 12:36 PM.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

There is no way GC can buy Fender. They (GC) have so much money tied up in inventory that it would be almost impossible to get a loan for the amount of money needed to buy a company like Fender.
          It wouldn't surprise me if Fender was/is for sale though. They have got to be getting their asses handed to them by the other American guitar companies like Gibson and PRS. And the little guys (schecter, jackson, esp) are taking little bites out of every step they take. IMO Fender hasn't kept up with the other companies. They have one guitar (strat) with 30 different models. How backassward is that? There is no glitz or glamour with a strat. Just a chunk of wood with a bolt on neck that sounds thin. I know the Fender lovers here will disagree, but the strat is a VERY dated guitar as far as looks and construction goes...and I am sure there profits are showing it as well.

J
          Low wattage rocks!
          Bumbox Lead 1
          Orange Tiny Terror
          Vox 120VTH
          ----------------------
          Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
          Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

I seriously doubt that's true.

Comment

I work in Corporate Banking. I haven't heard of any M&A activity related to something like that.

I, too, seriously doubt it's true.
              Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Just think! "THIS WEEKEND, AND EVERY SINGLE DAY THEREAFTER,
                GUITAR CENTER'S STRATATHON, TELETHON, BLACKFACEATHON,
                TWEEDATHON, AND SUNNATHON! PRICES SLASHED IN HALF,
                WHY? BECAUSE WE OWN FENDER!

I can just hear the radio ads now! Crap, they even have
                TV commercials now.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! GC is blowen'em out dirt cheap. If you've ever wanted a GC'o'Caster now is your chance with the Sunday green tag sale.
                  Low wattage rocks!
                  Bumbox Lead 1
                  Orange Tiny Terror
                  Vox 120VTH
                  ----------------------
                  Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                  Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

I've never been to a GC, so all i can manage is to laugh.

hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      Just think! "THIS WEEKEND, AND EVERY SINGLE DAY THEREAFTER,
                      GUITAR CENTER'S STRATATHON, TELETHON, BLACKFACEATHON,
                      TWEEDATHON, AND SUNNATHON! PRICES SLASHED IN HALF,
                      WHY? BECAUSE WE OWN FENDER!

I can just hear the radio ads now! Crap, they even have
                      TV commercials now.
                      I've seen a TV ad only one time, and it was even cheesier than the radio commercial! I wanted Bill and Ted to jump out and scream,
                      "WE ARE THE WILD STALLIONS!! "

Comment

I think they're breaking the news on 1st April - so watch out and be prepared as it's only going to be for one day!!

Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by JfromHouston
                          There is no way GC can buy Fender. They (GC) have so much money tied up in inventory that it would be almost impossible to get a loan for the amount of money needed to buy a company like Fender.
                          It wouldn't surprise me if Fender was/is for sale though. They have got to be getting their asses handed to them by the other American guitar companies like Gibson and PRS. And the little guys (schecter, jackson, esp) are taking little bites out of every step they take. IMO Fender hasn't kept up with the other companies. They have one guitar (strat) with 30 different models. How backassward is that? There is no glitz or glamour with a strat. Just a chunk of wood with a bolt on neck that sounds thin. I know the Fender lovers here will disagree, but the strat is a VERY dated guitar as far as looks and construction goes...and I am sure there profits are showing it as well.

J
                          Um, Fender own Jackson. And Gretsch. And Guild. And as for ass to plate:

"If Gibson is to become No. 1 among music suppliers, it will have to vault past Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Fender, which ranked No. 8 with $244 million in sales. That doesn't include Fender's recent acquisitions of Jackson/ Charvel Guitars and Basses and SWR amplifiers, which combined bring in another $20 million, publisher Paul Majeski said."

Oh, and Yamaha are number one. Though that may count their motorcycles and outboards and sports gear. I'm not sure.
                          Last edited by Hot _Grits; 03-25-2004, 05:51 PM.
                          Originally posted by Jolly
                          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I think I'm gonna claim to be a "long lost" grandchild of Leo Fender.
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                              I think I'm gonna claim to be a "long lost" grandchild of Leo Fender.
                              As long as I can claim that I'm his reincarnation. It's a longshot, but it's still a shot.
                              Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
                              Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
                              Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
                              Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
                              Marshall G15CDR
                              Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
                              Marshall 1960A
                              Boss ME-50
                              ...and just a little talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X