Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me pick an amp

Originally posted by mrid
    Yes, I believe the MIG 100 uses the same preamp as the 50's, so it has plenty of gain.
    OMG just read the Harmony Central Reviews, very positive, and though you can't trust those reviews most of the time, they all seem to comment on the high volume. And since this thing is going in my bedroom with the neighbours living downstairs I don't think it's such a wise idea to take this amp .

@Jeff_H: That sounds like a great idea, though I think it'll make the other amps cheaper compared to the JCM800 with the mods.

@Gearjoneser: I think the DSL might just be what I'm looking for, since I'm looking for a little Marshall-brewtality. I can't seem to find real Soldano amps here in Holland. I'm not too siked about mid-rangey amps, since most of my guitars and pick ups already have a lot of midrange, that's why deliberately didn't look into Boogies. Crate amps are very expensive here in Holland, though I really like the Blue Voodoo. The Marshall Jubilee is really too expensive and very rare here in Holland. Opposed to the DSL, the Peavey 5150 is cheaper, it has a good sound but I don't know if it's my sound. I'll look into the other two none-tube amps. Thanks!

You guys really made clear, I'm looking for a Marshall-type of high-gain, so I'm really gonna do some research on 'em. Thanks, and I'm still open to other ideas
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Originally posted by moog1000

Doh! You just can't pick up sarcasm from text.....
      Yes I do
      Wackor
      Ørdøg
      NecroPolo
      Diabolus in Musica
      SIDrip Alliance
      Book of Shadows
      RKH

Comment

Good news guys, I found two JCM900 SL-X heads!!! One's a new 50W head, 2 x 5881 output valves, 4 x ECC 83 preamp valves. The other's an ocassion so all I know is it's available and cheap! Man I can't believe how cheap these amps are, and if I can trust Necropolo on this one (which I'm sure I can), this thing would be perfect!

Now on the new one, I'll most likely change the 5881 tubes for EL34, so which one would you guys recommend me to use? What would be a nice cabinet for this head? Can this thing really do shred, Speed Metal, and modern high gain sounds? I read it could turn quite fuzzy and I totally hate that, so is that true? Please take a look at my influences (first post in this topic) again if you want to know my influences

Thanks
        Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)

Marshall 2x12 Vintage

Comment

Should I open a new topic for this one?

Marshall 2x12 Vintage

Comment

Working...
          X