banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zerberus,Butnut Etc...Want Lite Ash Lefty Strat Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerberus,Butnut Etc...Want Lite Ash Lefty Strat Body?

if any of you are familiar with Fender's new Lite Ash Strat,I'd like to know if I could buy the same body,but in a lefty?

It would consist of "swamp ash" with 6 holes for the vintage bridge,polyurethane finish(preserving the ash grain) and cut for the option of H/S/S if needed..otherwise the body would be cut just like a standard vintage 50s/60s body routing and contouring....Is this possible,to include the final sanding and finishing to the body? Price also....Thanks

John

Like this

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Zerberus,Butnut Etc...Want Lite Ash Lefty Strat Body?

HI JOHN, Have you tried contacting Musikrart ? I know there's no
    Lefty bodies on there website. But I'm sure they can make one
    for you ?? There a Custom shop,They have a CNC machine. I
    can't see it being a problem for them? And they have that
    sweet Ultra lite Ash Like the Fender in the pic.
    Hope this helps
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
      HI JOHN, Have you tried contacting Musikrart ? I know there's no
      Lefty bodies on there website. But I'm sure they can make one
      for you ?? There a Custom shop,They have a CNC machine. I
      can't see it being a problem for them? And they have that
      sweet Ultra lite Ash Like the Fender in the pic.
      Hope this helps
      Thanks buddy....Funny,I Own a ton of guitars and not one of them is ash...I had an American Vintage Tele that was,but I sold it because it was too heavy and the neck was like a baseball bat and killed my wrist and forearm...I Like nice "C" shaped necks.. Warmoth sells the bodies,as does my buddy Brian over and Universal Jems,but it needs to be sealed etc...The body raw from what I'm seeing is in the $200 range or a bit less...Thanks again..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

John -

I picked up a sweet 2 piece ash body from Musikrart. $125 and it is super light, the quality it top notch for sure. The problem is getting it finished....it's actually not a problem, just more expensive than I thought. I would bet that JohnJohn could do a sweet clear finish on it for not too terribly much. Give him a holler.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          John -

I picked up a sweet 2 piece ash body from Musikrart. $125 and it is super light, the quality it top notch for sure. The problem is getting it finished....it's actually not a problem, just more expensive than I thought. I would bet that JohnJohn could do a sweet clear finish on it for not too terribly much. Give him a holler.
          Cool....I'll check out that site Jeff....I'll hook up with JohnJohn also....Maybe we can help each out and barter together? JJ wants a TS9 modded...Thanks Jeff...

John

Comment

If JohnJohn can do a nitro finish, we might be able to work him together. He's already doing me a pretty good favor on my strat neck, so I don't want to push my luck TOO hard!
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
              If JohnJohn can do a nitro finish, we might be able to work him together. He's already doing me a pretty good favor on my strat neck, so I don't want to push my luck TOO hard!
              Fender's Lite Ash series shows polyurethane over the ash body...I'd like to copy the Lite Ash strat pretty much...I first need a nice light grainey ash body...I remember looking at and liking,yours..Could you send me the link please Jeff?

John

Comment

Premium Grade Bodies

Main Webpage

My Sound Clips

Comment

very nice.. I like the natural look... and esp. on a lefty

Comment

Working...
                  X