DR hand made strings!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DR hand made strings!?

I tried the Pure blues and thought they were great but a little too dark and stiff for me... hated the Tite Fits. No bottom end and very ringy in the highs. But I prefer nickel wound so there ya go.

D'addarios are my main weapons and have been for 5 years now, out of the 6 i;ve been playing

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
      The DR's I tried on my Paul felt kind of thin compared to the same guage D'Addarios I had been using. Good if you like thin strings, but I like bigger strings. They are great on y acoustic, they play like buttah!
      They can't be any thinner if they are the same gauage. I also have used D'Addario, GHS, and DR and I never noticed the DRs feeling thinner. That really wouldn't make sense. Just a thought.

Comment

Someone said the tite fits have no bottom end. I don't understand how that could be the case. Maybe I'll stick with my GHS or maybe D'Addario since I like both of those. I have my McCarty set with GHS 11-50 in Eb, and I'll try D'Addario and DR tite fits and will report back.

Comment

My DR Tite Fit 11's have plenty of bottom end.
          Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Well I just put a set of "black beauties" on my electric.

They're coming off already!

They feel wooly like an old string and sound lifeless.

I have a set of "long life" one's on my acoustic i'm not too impressed with either.. sounded great for about a week and a half then went dead like any other string... except at twice the price.
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

maybe I'll stick to GHS Boomers since they work for me. I still am going to give the DR tite fit and D'Addarios a whirl.

Comment

i dont really like any coated strings, i tried the dr ones and the still feel like coated strings, i liked them better than the daddario exp and elixer.

i use the pure blues 11's on most things, the tite fit 11's on the guitar i tune down a half step, tite fit 10's on my shred machine and hi beam 10's on my tele
                i really like dr strings and ive been using em for about 5 years or so

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                  They can't be any thinner if they are the same gauage. I also have used D'Addario, GHS, and DR and I never noticed the DRs feeling thinner. That really wouldn't make sense. Just a thought.
                  Maybe I phrased my comment incorrectly, what I meant to say is that they feel softer, not as stiff. Floppy for me, actually, as compared to D'Addarios.
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

because of how they are made, a lighter gauge DR can sound as good as a heavier gauge in other brands.

I use Titefit; but I might need to test drive the Pure Blues. I also use DR's on my e/acoustic.

I don't understand the comments about "no bottom". I have never had a problem with my DR's. Maybe it's an issue of guitar-->string match?

BTW, I prefer darker, warmer tones. And I like DR.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                      Maybe I phrased my comment incorrectly, what I meant to say is that they feel softer, not as stiff. Floppy for me, actually, as compared to D'Addarios.
                      Interesting and I kind of do remember that as DR does claim their strings feel more flexible. That can be bad if you are tuning down and need to feel a little tension. Maybe I'll stick with my Boomers since they seem to be better designed for low tunings and they last a while for me. I do like D'Addarios though. Honestly, I can't say that any string I've used had any huge impact one way or another. They are all fairly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
                        because of how they are made, a lighter gauge DR can sound as good as a heavier gauge in other brands.
                        What do you mean about how they are made? What is it that would enable them to sound as good as heavier strings?

My fear is what another person mentioned how DRs can feel softer than D'Addario or GHS.

Comment

Working...
                        X