banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is that name on the headstock after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How important is that name on the headstock after all?

Originally posted by wanmei1 View Post
    Yes and No ! - If everyone else thinks the sound is cool because they have seen the name on the headstock then it is cool.
    Life is all about image !
    It's not what you think that matters , it's what other people think !
    So if your a 17 year old with a Gibson or a Fender then you know that everyone is going to think that the sound is cool , that the guitar is cool and that your cool.
    So be Cool and buy a Fender and a Gibson ! - Who cares if you can maybe get the same sound from a Strat copy or an Epiphone because no one will think that's cool.
    Life is all about image and what other people think ! - and that's reality !
    How enlightened!
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I'm replying without reading a word of the thread and replying just to the thread question here, not very important to me. While I love certain brands over others, if blindfold tested, brand name unknown, I would go with the best feel and sound over brand name everytime.
      Now, let's see what this thread has to say.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

The name on the headstock is nothing - play what sounds good to you. Of course, this is coming from a guy whose played primarily nothing, but name brand guitars, but that's because I've liked most of the pieces I've owned in the past. Quality means everything to me. If I could find something that sounds and plays like my PRS McCarties for less money, I'd be playing that instead, but I'm not that lucky so I have to suck it up and simply buy what plays and sounds good to me - even if it isn't cheap. Settling for second best is often what leads to re-selling in the first place (which can lead to losing a lot of money).

Having a popular name on the headstock does command better resale because people associate certain names with quality (even if sometimes they aren't). That's why I think people generally look at name brand guitars - there's simply less risk all the way around - especially when you're talking purchasing something sight unseen.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
        X