Clear All

• amp slaving questions

hey i was wondering how slaving works
    im not really much of an amp guru
    but ive heard about 'slaving' alot.

ive looked on sites but i dun seem to understand what they are saying

basically what i understand is it takes the poweramp from one amp
    and uses the preamp of the other..which confuses me

see i like the 'tubey' overdrive sound of my avt20 but it isnt quite loud enuff to keep up with the band even when plugged in my cabinet
    so i was wondering would slaving my marshal into my randall somehow make the marshall louder??

man this question seems stupid so if it is im sorry.

thanks,

sam
    Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
    Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
    and a Marshall Avt20

Re: amp slaving questions

You are basically correct, and it varies from amp to amp as to how you would slave them. In the case of my Rivera, you plug into the Lo Input, and the Hi Unput acts as a loop output by which you then plug it into the input of another amplifier. Your guitar signal passes through both amps at the same time ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: amp slaving questions

That sounds more like jumpering (the input thing), generally slaving is taking the pre amp signal form one amp and running it into the power section of another amp (whether or not the original amp still keeps the preamp to use for it's self also), what you are doing is using the second amp as a power amp with speakers (hence it must have a power amp input), it's preamp is not involved in the process. You're just using your preamp to push another power stage, just like a sound guy can send the same signal to another bank of power amps and speaker enclosures to cover another section of the stage or arena with a different power/volume requirement.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
      X