• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just bought a recording studio.

Originally posted by Curly
    hey, Scott!
    thanks, man!

well, a quick look in the manual, and I didn't find anything about SPDif (whatever that is? doh!)
    I'm sure I can use the USB transfer, although my PC is so old (pentium III), it's USB 1, and I need to add a USB hub.

prices:
    Tascam: $1029
    preamp: $91
    condenser mic: $91

as I mentioned, I saved enough over the online price to pay for the preamp and mic. I put the dealer info on the previous page.

and, yeah, since the recording thread, I've been considering the Audigy - I have a Soundblaster Live! now. The inputs on the Audigy definitely look like an improvement, besides the bit rate. Which model did you get? The $90 to $130 models looked fine to me, and I didn't see any features on the "Platinums" that added much for me..

and thanks for the "inspiration" ... my mindset has to change, since I have to get used to the idea of working on songs diligently towards a goal of actually finishing, rather than just goofing off playing!

Peace,
    G
    What a great deal, 24 tracks for a grand, HOLY CRAP. I paid $799 for my 8 track version and I was psyched. I really like using my SM57 with the ART Studio V3 Tube MP and Levelar PTC. The ART gear really helps warm things up for cheap. I have the SB Audigy Platinum but I have the first version, I'll hve to take a look at the new ones. Most of the PC's I build are for offices and sound isn't a priority so most of it is onboard There are a few other cards in that range but Creatives driver support is usually pretty good so I stuck with them.

SPDIF is Sony Phillips Digital Interface. It looks like an RCA jack but it puts on a 24 bit digital signal as opposed to using analog outs. If the USB works for you greeat, no need to look any further. Check your PM's I think I have a cheap solution to your USB 2.0 issue.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
      Nice going Curly...then we can dig more of those sweet tones of yours
      thanks, Rid!

unfortunately, I think I put a lot of pressure on myself by "going public"

and, Wattage ...
      I "roll my own" PC's too, and just stick with the good, tried and true components - much less hassle that way, for not a lot more money.
      My main uses are CAD and graphics, but it looks like I'll have to get up to speed on the soundcards out there now.
      I had an ART preamp on order, but the Behringer was more features for not a lot more money, plus it's 2 channels, and still uses a tube.

I just have a whole lot to learn, and looking at new technology ... well it's easy for me to get overwhelmed looking at the specs when your shopping around - I'm glad that part's behind me!

Cheers,
      G
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Ah don't think about it......play something that pleases you, I really like your tones and playing

Comment

- Comeon we want clips

Comment

Working...
          X