fulltone fdII and fat boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fulltone fdII and fat boost

any body have any experience with fulltone fat boost and full drive II thanks scott
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: fulltone fdII and fat boost

Originally posted by shred-dog
    any body have any experience with fulltone fat boost and full drive II thanks scott
    Scott...The Fulldrive is very similar to a Tube Screamer but has more gain,a different diode voicing for distortion generation and a slightly different tone control eq..If you look at both schematics,you'll really see the similarities...

I'm not at all familiar with the boost though..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The "boost" is about $10 worth of parts, the design "borrowed" from Jack Ormans website.

If you can change a pickup, you can build your own, and save $180.

Mini-Booster

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
        The "boost" is about $10 worth of parts, the design "borrowed" from Jack Ormans website.

Mini-Booster
        Now you're talkin! :fing25:

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
          Now you're talkin! :fing25:

John
          Whoops wrong smiley...Let's use this one instead...

John

Comment

Thats ok - I knew what you meant.

Comment

Thats ok - I knew what you meant.
              Sorry...You're one of the last guys I'd give the dual birds to buddy...

John

Comment

wow ... "two birds with one Smiley"
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

The first time I saw those, I thought they were little green arrows pointing down.

I gotta get new glasses.

Comment

The first time I saw those, I thought they were little green arrows pointing down.

I gotta get new glasses.
                    Artie...And I didn't have a clue what they were until after posting and looking back at the post...It was like "Uh oh,Artie might think I'm giving hime the bird"!

John

Comment

I own both the Full-Drive 2 as well as the Fat Boost.

Can you build a clean boost? Probably. Did I want to send the time/effort necessary to make one? NOOOO! I love the Fat Boost; it does what it's supposed to do and is totally transparent when turned off.

The Full-Drive 2 is the best overdrive you can buy, in my opinion. It has become a large part of my tone. Once I got the FD2, I started turning the gain down on my Rivera and use the FD2 for additional gain; the sound is monstrous.

For the record, I play guitar in an old school melodic metal band. Using a tube head with an overdrive is an important part of getting that kind of tone.
                      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention, both of these pedals survived a tour last Summer, and are still in amazing condition!
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

In the mid 90's, I lived about 4 blocks from Fulltone in Venice Beach, Ca.

I've been to his place a couple times. It's basically a guest house turned into an
                          office, and large garage turned into an assembly facility with about 6 guy's, last time I went. It's grown a lot since that time in 97.

I've had an orange and blue FDII, Choralflange, Dejavibe, 69 Pedal, and Vibratrem.

I can't wait to try the Tape Echo! IMO Fulltone holds the title for the greatest stompbox company.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

thanks everybody and thanks for no double birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                            Suhr OD-50
                            Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Mini-Booster
                              LOL! That's the story with most "botique" circuits...I'm surprised Orman isn't more well known!

Comment

Working...
                              X