banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an LP and McCarty. Do I need a PRS Singlecut!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an LP and McCarty. Do I need a PRS Singlecut!?

Hi guys! Here I go again!

I have a Les Paul and a PRS McCArty and have a desire for a Singlecut. What is wrong with me?? Why do I want one of these so bad? Are they worth it......they seem like nice guitars.....but I bought my favorite PRS in the McCarty.

If I don't persue a SC, I'll end up getting that Strat I've wanted or an SG Standard. The GAS never ends!!

Re: I have an LP and McCarty. Do I need a PRS Singlecut!?

I was in the same situation man.
    I have several PRS (CU22, Mc Carties, Hollow, Santana..) that I play more and more.
    I have Les Pauls that I play time to time , great tone but not really comfortable to play.
    A couple of month ago I tried a Singlecut that really blew me away !
    The Singlecut is really different from LPs and Mc Carties , it's lighter weight , great tone balance , good sustain , brighter than Mc (in fact more mids than Mcs).
    It's a huge piece of gear, I can't stop playing it !

Go for it man, before it's too late !
    Pickups used :
    Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
    PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
    PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
    PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
    PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
    PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
    PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
    PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
    PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
    Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
    Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
    SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

The answer is no. Don't be so greedy. Bad boy, to your bedroom where you will remain untill these symptoms of GAS have passed before someone else catches them.

PRS Singlecut...hmmm......DOH!
      Last edited by moog1000; 08-25-2004, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Why not? The more the marrier!

I think that I may, someday, if I could find on, would like to have a PRS Single cut with P90s. Mmmmmm...
        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Like you, I look at them and think I'd like to have one, then I slap myself in the face, and play the guitars I already have......and stop JONESIN!!!!

I've stopped shopping for gear and have turned my attention back to sitting down and woodshedding. Now, if I have the urge to buy something, I make it something musically inspiring like a concert video, lesson video, or going to see a show.
          The madness had to end. Try it. It's a lot cheaper!
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Like you, I look at them and think I'd like to have one, then I slap myself in the face, and play the guitars I already have......and stop JONESIN!!!!

I've stopped shopping for gear and have turned my attention back to sitting down and woodshedding. Now, if I have the urge to buy something, I make it something musically inspiring like a concert video, lesson video, or going to see a show.
            The madness had to end. Try it. It's a lot cheaper!
            I know what you mean. I've always been thinking about what the next guitar will be or whatever. But now i see my Kramer as adequate. Sure one day ill get nice pups in it, but it works fine. A while ago i was thinking about getting a Schecter or a LTD. Then i realised that it would not satisfy me in the long term and i would be poorer. Still, today im going to go to london and look at acoustics Though i dont have one quite yet! Now i think more in the long term as far as gear. Do i really need it? Will i sell it further down the line? If i got in another band in Uni and we gigged all the time i could use a decent 2nd guitar. At the moment it would be a Korean Wolfie since it plays gorgously, is more 'traditional' looking than my Kramer and has a floyd that i see myself using in the future. For now its all about an acoustic

Comment

The keyword here is "need"...

Comment

The answer is WHY NOT! and yes...yes works too
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
                  I'd rather get an HSS Strat to venture into a completely different world. Or even a better idea: save the money, invest it - if you have a family, take them on a holiday, if you don't have yet, save for times when you'll have one. GAS is dangerous.

I have a less-than-$190 ash Strat-copy and I get better tones with the stock pickups than most MIM Strats. Practicing makes me sound better than buying a new guitar.

Good idea! So many of us from the United States are too materialistic. Although I do like a nice guitar, it can be prudent to save for some unexpected circumstances
                  2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Q. How many guitars does one musician nedd ?

A. Just one more ...
                    <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by captain cavman
                      I was in the same situation man.
                      I have several PRS (CU22, Mc Carties, Hollow, Santana..) that I play more and more.
                      I have Les Pauls that I play time to time , great tone but not really comfortable to play.
                      A couple of month ago I tried a Singlecut that really blew me away !
                      The Singlecut is really different from LPs and Mc Carties , it's lighter weight , great tone balance , good sustain , brighter than Mc (in fact more mids than Mcs).
                      It's a huge piece of gear, I can't stop playing it !

Go for it man, before it's too late !
                      Maybe some day but I can't afford one now. I have a Strat to buy in the coming year and hopefully an SG Standard. Then maybe I'll look for a used Singlecut because they will be on ebay for years to come. They just don't seel like LPs. I personally find my LP just as easy and comfy to play as my McCarty.

Most of the SCs I've played were much heavier than LPs. My McCarty is about 7.5 lbs and my LP is a little over 8 lbs. My Mc has more mids than my LP.

It's fun to have guitars with various tones available and I think I'll go for a Strat next year. I could do most anything tonally with a Strat, McCarty, and LP. GAS will never end and my wife is cool with that. I just have to be carefull. By the way....we just got back from a family vacation this week.
                      Last edited by papersoul; 08-29-2004, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X