Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Entire Collection (with pics)

Very nice collection.

I really like the Warmoth Tele and Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
      If I miss something, then my apologies.

The body is a hollow swamp ash job with a maple cap. The neck is a 'Clapton' profile Warmoth Pro maple/rosewood, with the 10-16" radius compound fingerboard. LSR nut, Planet Waves tuners & Wilkinson VS100 bridge. It has a trembucker version of the C5 at the bridge, with a Jazz SH2n up top, all wired through a 3-way blade switch, and coil-tapped via a push-push tone pot. The finish is the Warmoth black/red/yellow burst.

Think I got it all...
      Nice. Very nice. Your finish choice works very well with that wood, and I like your pickup choices too.

I bet it's quite a light guitar with the hollow option. Do you find that it balances well while you're playing? I would be concerned that a chambered Strat would be a bit neck heavy.

Sorry for all the questions, but this really does help me with my project idea.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

It is slightly body light and although the neck does tend to dip a little, I've found that a good wide strap with a suede lining stops it wandering off, to the point where I really don't think about it.
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Loved the collection and the photos. That custom 22 just has a glow of class about it and I still think that warmoth tele is my favorite look for a tele to have. I do apologize, but if I get around to assembling another tele, it's likely I'll be stealing lots of ideas from that one.

Comment

Great collection and great pics....Very professional..............Cheers

Comment

I thought I was " Chris of Arabia " KFSH 98-02 but now in another hot desert city: Phoenix, AZ...............................Cheers

Comment

Very nice collection - i like the PRS, the Yamaha 2200, and the HH Warmoth Strat.

-Peter

Comment

that bridge pickup in the peavey looks rediculous, yet very cool at the same time. What kind of pickup is in there? Love the collection!

Comment

I absolutely love the finish on that Warmoth LP "Braveheart." Of what wood is the neck made?

And, as always, that Warmoth Tele puts a smile on my face. Great, classy, telecaster.

Nice collection all around. They all look great.
                    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by mrturtle_91 View Post
                      that bridge pickup in the peavey looks rediculous, yet very cool at the same time. What kind of pickup is in there? Love the collection!
                      Erm, you mean the TELE bridge that is on the TELE Peavey?

It's just that quad-rails pickup that completely throws you off man
                      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
                        I absolutely love the finish on that Warmoth LP "Braveheart." Of what wood is the neck made?
                        The neck back is wenge, with an ipe fingerboard.

Originally posted by mrturtle_91 View Post
                        that bridge pick-up in the peavey looks rediculous, yet very cool at the same time. What kind of pickup is in there? Love the collection!
                        As far as the Peavey goes, the bridge pick-up is stock. I've never taken it out, so I'm assuming it's something Peavey make themselves, but I'd stand to be corrected by anyone who knows for sure.
                        Last edited by Chris of Arabia; 12-30-2008, 01:56 PM.

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOODNESSSSS!!! that is PIMP!!!

I'm officially in LOVE!
                          Originally posted by jeremy
                          God hates bad guitar tone
                          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

A new addition for you - one Cort gb-94 and #17...

Last edited by Chris of Arabia; 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I guess you decided that your hands are not too small for bass then?
                              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

P.S. I got a PRS SE Soapbar exactly like yours
                                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X