banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are a few ways to get tone like ugly kid joe USA most wanted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are a few ways to get tone like ugly kid joe USA most wanted?

Id love to be able to get something like ugly kid joes main heavy rhythm/lead tone on americal most wanted, namely the songs like "neighbour" and "panhandlin' prince". What are a few ways to get something like this?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: What are a few ways to get tone like ugly kid joe USA most wanted?

Just in case anyone is going to tell me to stop changing my mind here too, im not changing my mind. As i said in another post you will probably have read too i just love learning how different players get their signiature tones...im not trying to get all of them for me :P
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

hey man....dont get me wrong.... i wasnt tryin to be negative or puttin ya down, that wasnt my intent........ i understand completely that you would want to learn about as much as you can........ it just came off to me like you werent really sure what you wanted from all these similar posts lately........no problems man, just a misunderstanding.......
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

No worries flank, you're right though half the time i feel like i dont know what i want tonewise...i sorta want everything, which can be annoying at times especially with a very limited budget

Anyway, no worries
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

JCM800 is what they were using, if im not mistaken. saw em on the first tour. played at the new daisy theatre.

germ
          Jeremy Ledford
          Tone Guru Extroardinaire
          Tone Shop

Comment

I also read that the lead guitarist built his own guitar body modeled after an ESP in a wood shop class. He added a real ESP neck, a floyd and a single JB. I dig his tone on that album too.

Comment

I saw U.K.J. in a small club B4 anyone knew who they where. Klause was a cool guy
              Had a few drinks with him. He was useing a ESP strat,JCM 800 1/2 stack and a Red knob Fender Twin on a masrhall 4x12 cab. Two weeks later the ' I hate you" song
              was all over the radio.
              BTW, All there equipment was marked Pretty Boy Floyd ? He told me they just inverted
              that name. Hence UGLY KID JOE !!
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
                All there equipment was marked Pretty Boy Floyd ?
                That was a real band during that time. Maybe they bought/borrowed the gear.

Comment

Working...
                X