Slash's feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash's feedback

i read in a guitar magazine that Slash uses some kind of pedal or amp set up (in the studio) to get an instant feedback sound. listen to the end of "Coma" on the Use Your illusion I cd and you'll hear what I mean... Does anyone know how he does this or whats he's using?

thanks...
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

Re: Slash's feedback

in the studio it isnt that hard to get feedback almost instantly with a good amp. turn it up and find the right place to stand and it will casacde really quick.
    not sure if slash has some super special trick or not

Comment

i second jeremy's statement.
      i can get the feedback instantly from my little crate when i let loose the strings even on 1/3rd of the volume

his amp is really high gain (the 2555 i think or what it's called.. marshall had a slash signature amp back in the 90's) http://www.marshallamps.com/images/m...1/2555main.htm
      so the feedback issue isnt really THAT hard to get
      plus on an album, it can be mixed so that the guitar track is followed by the feedback effect imediately

Comment

I'm not sure if Slash does this? But I've heard of other guy's doin' it
        And I've tried it myself ( It WORKS !) You get one of them Mini
        Marshall's ( The one that works on a 9v) Tape it to you mic stand
        around the height of your guitar. Run it into a A/B box. When you
        want insane feedback stomp the B switch,And stand in front of the
        Mini cranked !! This works great with a Wah to !!
        Last edited by kmcguitars; 08-26-2004, 01:10 PM.
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

You mean using the a/b switch as a splitter switch, with both the mini and the main amp running simultaneousy? Cuz if you switched to the mini alone that wouldn't be hearable at gig volume.

Just trying to clarify what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
            You mean using the a/b switch as a splitter switch, with both the mini and the main amp running simultaneousy? Cuz if you switched to the mini alone that wouldn't be hearable at gig volume.

Just trying to clarify what you mean.
            Yeah !! You have to have your main amp running !!
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
              Yeah !! You have to have your main amp running !!
              oooh ok so the little amp just serves as a feedback driver for the guitar strings when you get close to it, I get it! Neato idea i'll have to try it.

Comment

I'm not sure is Slash does this? But I've heard of other guy's doin' it
                That's a cool idea... I've got one os those mini Fender Twins (2 one watt speakers). I bet that sucker will howl feedback into my Hot Rod!
                ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

It's called a clean boost over distortion. Believe me, all the feedback you want - unbelievably fast.

Comment

I'm not sure if Slash does this? But I've heard of other guy's doin' it
                    Freakin' Sweet!

I'm definantly going to try that...

But yeah, I'll third that whole thing about feedback from a good high-gain amp instantly just by putting your guitar in front of it. Just generally pointing the pickups at the speakers gets me loads of disgusting feedback, the headstock too, if you slightly angle it towards the speaker cone...

Comment

Mmm.

Our studio amp has a nifty feature which disables the speaker by the push of a button.
                      So we can crank that baby all the way to the sweet spot and not feedbaack as easily...
                      It's excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by lex666
                        i read in a guitar magazine that Slash uses some kind of pedal or amp set up (in the studio) to get an instant feedback sound. listen to the end of "Coma" on the Use Your illusion I cd and you'll hear what I mean... Does anyone know how he does this or whats he's using?

thanks...
                        i have a guitar player "legends of guitar" mag from 1995(the one with the hendrix cover if someone remembers) , in the slash article there's a section about his "feedback generator" . his main amp is in the booth(miked) and slash is at the control room along with a mesa boogie mark III combo(unmiked) which serves as the feedback driver. slash's guitar signal goes through a splitter box (not an a/b switch)which splits the signal for the two amps and there's a volume pedal between the mesa and the splitter. if slash wants feedback he just steps on the volume pedal.
                        2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

Working...
                        X