banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The guitar that stomped them all (seriously)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The guitar that stomped them all (seriously)

How does it sound ACOUSTICALLY? If it isn't good unplugged, I don't even bother plugging it in. It's not ALL the pickups you know.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I'm not into Floyd Rose trems... I think they're big, bulky and a pain to work with. If it has a Wilkinson, I'd be drooling at that guitar along with you (I love the natural finish, and even with my big hands, thin Ibanez necks are a breeze to play on ).

Definitely try it unplugged... that will determine the quality of the woods and construction.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

What kind of Ibanez is that?
        Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
        Ibanez RG1570 Custom
        PRS McCarty STD
        '71 Gibson SG Custom
        Bogner Alchemist 2x12
        Vox AD15VT

Comment

That Ibby looks sharp, but like so many guitars, I don't care for the control layout.

So, how about like this:

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
            How does it sound ACOUSTICALLY? If it isn't good unplugged, I don't even bother plugging it in. It's not ALL the pickups you know.
            well thatīs one thing i have to do next time ....i havenīt tried a guitar without plugin it ever, so i canīt reply you...but i think i can know that this is the best for me, after hours of playing it. before i said i have tried it a whole week...so it could be like 20 practice hours...i can be sure of the quality of the guitar by touching it during that time

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            That Ibby looks sharp, but like so many guitars, I don't care for the control layout.
            well, i donīt know why do they put the control layout there (they put them that way on all of their guitars, though), but the thing is that itīs always on a place where i donīt touch volume nor tone pots while iīm playing, both my first ibanez (js100) a bunch of RG/JEMs that iīve tried (this one included), so itīs the perfect position imo, near my hands but without being an obstacle to my playing
            Last edited by VicToR; 08-28-2004, 02:42 PM.
            Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
            Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
            Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Comment

I like the looks of the 2020 a lot.
              www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
              www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
              X