One I shoulda kept!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One I shoulda kept!

Just for the heck of it, thought I'd post a link to an ebay auction where a guy's selling an old Montgomery Ward Airline electric exactly like one I had back in the 60's as a lad. The bummer of it is what they're selling for these days. This one will never sell for what he's starting his bid out at, but I have seen the identical model guitar before on ebay and it fetched over $300.
    This might even be the same one.

I sold mine for $40 so I could buy a 10-speed bike......

LOL

Hey, I was 15 at the time and couldn't ride a guitar up and down the hill....know what I mean?....lol....priorities, people!...lol

....Bob

Re: One I shoulda kept!

hahaha...

to bad those guitars are nearly impossible to play...
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
      hahaha...

to bad those guitars are nearly impossible to play...
      Not if you set 'em up right. Every once in awhile, you find one that just cant be fixed, but most of the time, with a head full of smarts and some elbow grease, you can get 'em playin good.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

oh my f***ing god... he wants nearly 900 bucks for that? Well, I guess if anyone really wants to sound like Jack White...
        dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

[Sarcasm]Wow, and it's so pretty too...[/Sarcasm]

Comment

It's funny seeing the junk you sold long ago going for vintage dollars.
            I sold Boss and MXR pedals for $10 and $20. Now, I see them going for way over $100.

The one guitar I want back was a very early PRS Custom 24 in dark vintage sunburst 10 Top, birds, and THE BEST flametop I've ever seen to this day. I sold 2 guitars and added $800 to buy it for $2100 out the door, and sold it in the mid 90's for $1600.
            Now, that guitar would be the holy grail of PRS's and fetch top dollar someday.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
              Just for the heck of it, thought I'd post a link to an ebay auction where a guy's selling an old Montgomery Ward Airline electric exactly like one I had back in the 60's as a lad. The bummer of it is what they're selling for these days. This one will never sell for what he's starting his bid out at, but I have seen the identical model guitar before on ebay and it fetched over $300.
              This might even be the same one.

I sold mine for $40 so I could buy a 10-speed bike......

LOL

Hey, I was 15 at the time and couldn't ride a guitar up and down the hill....know what I mean?....lol....priorities, people!...lol

....Bob
              Bobby....I think every one of us has done this...I pratically gave away an original 82-83 Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer back in and around 1984 or so,for some stupid Rockman product...The rockman distortion or whatever it was,had so much hiss and noise...Just crap..That TS9 is fetching like $150 now...And this is only one stupid thing...The other was trading my 50 watt 2x12 Marshall JCM 800 off...Now these are worth alot of bucks...
              Oh well....What are ya gonna do....LOL

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

You can't beat yourself up over the stuff you "used" to have. At the time it wasn't doing anything for you, so out the door they go. I haven't sold a lot of stuff that I wish I still had. I sold a Roland JC 77 that I wish I still had, and back in 1969 I sold my Hagstrom 2 to help pay for the SG standard I bought. I wish I still had the Hagstrom, I only sold it for $50. I still have the SG!!!
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Oh, I'm not beating myself up about it but I appreciate the thought, 'bro....lol. It was just weird seeing that old solid body again. It's more of a sentimental thang rather than anything else. If I still had it I probably would have just made it into a wall display or something....lol. I had a little Vox 10 watt amp for that thing that I can't remember what happened to. This stuff was all new back in '66 or so.
                  Memories....

Comment

Working...
                  X