VOX BRIAN MAY amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOX BRIAN MAY amp

HAS anyone got it yet, or heard it ? all i know is what i've read...........rammer

Re: VOX BRIAN MAY amp

I dont think its much chop, its only a little solid state thing isnt it?

Brian may im pretty sure didnt use one, he used his AC30 with some weird pedal...didnt he?
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Brian May did use one but it was the one he actually made from a car stereo and other ranom objects,the original had not controls and was something like .4watts(point 4 watts) Or somewhere like that
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
        Brian May did use one but it was the one he actually made from a car stereo and other ranom objects,the original had not controls and was something like .4watts(point 4 watts) Or somewhere like that
        It was John Deacon, the bass player who made his amp! Live he used AC-30 but in the studio he used the "deaky". He also used a Booster pedal, can't remember the name right now but BSM has start made the old pedal again but it's VERY VERY expencive!
        100% Bass player

Comment

Originally posted by Thurisarz
          It was John Deacon, the bass player who made his amp! Live he used AC-30 but in the studio he used the "deaky". He also used a Booster pedal, can't remember the name right now but BSM has start made the old pedal again but it's VERY VERY expencive!
          Sorry to hijak but are you serious someone has started making the brian may distortion pedal again!?!?!
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
            Sorry to hijak but are you serious someone has started making the brian may distortion pedal again!?!?!
            He's referring to the BSM treble booster pedals.

Comment

Im talking about the little WHITE AMP, suposedly, you can record w/ it, & also plug in an external spkr..& its suposed to kick a$$ for 10 watts, or so im told ( & i read it).... all for $150

Comment

Rammer, are you located anywhere near a GC ? The shops do stock them ...give it a try.

If not, MF (and what suitable initials) does have a fairly liberal return policy.
                <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

when i bought my practice amp i asked about the BM amp and the local musicstore guy said (i know him very well so i know he's not making anything up). If you play Queen/Brain May stuff it's great, for everything else, it sucks.
                  100% Bass player

Comment

Originally posted by Thurisarz
                    when i bought my practice amp i asked about the BM amp and the local musicstore guy said (i know him very well so i know he's not making anything up). If you play Queen/Brain May stuff it's great, for everything else, it sucks.
                    Absolutely agree with what Thurisarz has said - if you want to nail the Brian May sound you will need a couple of AC30's and also the Brian May Special amp (called the Deacy amp). The amp is designed to give the same tones as Brian's original pre amp made by John Deacon out of some old radio stuff he found dumped. In addition, the Vox Brian May Special features an output following the treble booster section, so that this output can be plugged into another amplifier (such as a Vox AC30) to get the traditional sounds. It is designed primarily for home use, recording or as a pre-amp to feed into a larger amp when playing live.
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

yeah, try it out and give a review! ive been interested in the sound of the thing...
                      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                      fender mim standard strat
                      peavey classic 30
                      johnson j-station
                      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                      yamaha f-310p acoustic
                      taylor 410 acoustic
                      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                        yeah, try it out and give a review! ive been interested in the sound of the thing...
                        Have you heard the sound sample at Vox's website?
                        100% Bass player

Comment

Working...
                        X