Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Line6 spider 2 1x12 or Vox AD30vt

Greetings all,

Nice to be back in the forums, been gone awhile. I need help deciding on my next amp. I am looking for a small modeling amp and have narrowed it down to the ad30vt or the spider 2 1x12.

I play mostly alternative rock (REM, U2, Replacements etc.) and need to know what the plus and minuses are for both amps. I have owned a Vox Valvetronix amp before so I kinda know what I'm getting with Vox. I have never owned a Line 6 amp and have heard both positives and negatives about them. I know there is a power and size difference between both amps which is not a big deal considering I'm going to be using this just for home use. Also there is a price difference of about $50.00 or so.

If anyone has experience with these relatively new amps please post your opinion.
    Last edited by bearballz; 08-29-2004, 11:12 AM.
    Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
    1999 Fender MIM Strat...
    2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
    Line 6 Spider II 1x12
    Boss ME-50
    Boss DD-5

Re: Help: Line6 spider 2 1x12 or Vox AD30vt

The Vox Valvetronix amps are FAAAAARR superior to those line 6 spiders. The spider amps are the worst sounding pieces of crap I've ever laid ears to. The Flextone series are great though.

Comment

Re: Help: Line6 spider 2 1x12 or Vox AD30vt

Yea I'm of leaning towards the vox amp. But I did go to line 6's web site and download some sound bytes of the amp. They didn't seem too bad, although I' ve heard the these amps are kind of brittle and break down a lot.
      Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
      1999 Fender MIM Strat...
      2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
      Line 6 Spider II 1x12
      Boss ME-50
      Boss DD-5

Comment

Working...
      X