Praise for Parkers (PIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for Parkers (PIC)

I've been playing mostly acoustic for the last few months, and playing LesStrat off and on. I finally dug out the Nitefly and began using it again, even using it for church this morning.

WOW

I had forgotten just how much I like this guitar. I mean, I knew I liked it, but I had forgotten the extent of my satisfaction with it. This thing is so versatile. And the neck is one of the best out there. I actually had to work at playing my Yamaha acoustic, but this thing almost plays itself (and I could use all the help I can get). To top it all off, it is so LIGHT.

Bottom line: I love this guitar.

BTW, the POD problems seem to have been resolved. Everything worked as it should this morning. Thanks to all who offered suggestions/solutions.

Here's my baby (again. The pic is sideways ):
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Re: Praise for Parkers (PIC)

Fatty-Woo, my little brother, has a P-38 in this really cool transparent green color and a Wilkinson trem. Parker necks are very cool, indeed! What bridge does yours have?
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

looks cool, i still wana try one myself (the only shop that stocks them is about half an hours drive away.. when theres no traffic)

biu you're little bro is posting randomness on the racer X board - "parker for trade.. maybe"

My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I love my friend's Parkers, the sound, look and feel. The only reason I don't have them is that the upper horn digs into my ribs. I played my mate's Classic on a gig, and while fun, it left my chest chafed. Too bad for me, I guess.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Do you find them at all sterile and thin? I can't get into them because that is my perception when I play a Parker.

Comment

not at all...they come with Duncans now! 'Sterile' might describe how someone plays, but not the way this guitar sounds. Parkers rock- one of the truly foward thinking companies out there.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just could never get into the tone. I have played a few.

Comment

I still have not had the opportunity to try a Mojo...

I have found the American Parkers to be quite versatile. IMHO.
                Last edited by LesStrat; 08-29-2004, 09:05 PM.

Teknon Theou
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Here are the specs on Prunella:

Body: Maple
                  Neck: Basswood
                  Mag. Pickups: Custom wound DiMarzio
                  Pickup Config: Single/single/single
                  Bridge: Precision cast aluminum vibrato bridge with stainless steel saddles
                  Frets: 22 stainless-steel
                  Tuners: Chrome locking Sperzel
                  Scale length: 25.5"
                  Color: Sunburst with a white pickguard.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I like Parkers. I think they have a very unique design and that characteristic turns a lot of people off from them... not me

The top of the line Mojo is a great guitar, think of it as a Les Paul on steroids. The JB/Jazz combo is very warm and smooth and the acoustic tones are great (it has the newest Fishman preamp). The only thing that turned me away was the split tones, I didn't think it did strat tones very well (which was what they were aiming for... the Fly Deluxe does it better IMHO).

The necks on the Fly series guitars are #2 in my book (a very high rank indeed). The necks are heaven and so is the higher fret access (it's not longer a chore).

I hated how the Fly Classic and Deluxe were fitted with special pickups. The stock pickups aren't bad by any means, but they aren't fantastic either.

The lower end models were pretty good too. I played a P-38 that was pretty decent for the money (doesn't compare to the feel or tone of the better models though).

The upper horn does dig into your ribs if you tend to lean heavy into the guitar, I never do that so it never posed a problem
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I love my p-44 which is now a discontinued model...(rip)
                      and it gives me such versatility...2 HB, fishman bridge and
                      split tones...the stock pups are ok but im going to be some
                      SD's in there soon....I am certainly eyeing the mojo

...my question is the difference in tone and
                      feel between the wood and the Graphite necks????

stewie
                      "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

The carbon/glass necks are a dream to play. I haven't really compared the tone, though (I only played a P-series axe once when they were first introduced).

Teknon Theou

Comment

I've always enjoyed Parkers. I want a new Mojo and a Fly.

My red swampash Nightfly ssh sounds good, too.

Anybody know if Ken Parker is still the owner of Parker Guitars? I had heard a rumor that he was going to sell the company. If he does sell, I think the older Parkers will go up in value a bit.
                          GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                          KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Parker Is Owned By Someone Else Now...i Dunno Who....

Comment

I correct myself american music corperation.

Comment

Working...
                              X