Tone Pros????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Pros????

I may want to order a Tone Pros set for my LP and my McCarty. I do have an aluminum tail on my LP and it is nice and added to the tone.

Does anyone feel the TonePros would offer a more solid and deeper tone than the aluminum tale piece? I was told the Tone Pros is brass like the PRS. This was received from PRS customer support. I think I'll end up ordering the Tone Pros bridge since it is locking which is a nice feature! Worth the extra cost. I believe Steve can also do the locking tail but not sure about the bridge.

I have a Pigtail tail piece from Steve Rowen on my LP but I have issues with the bridge since it doesn't lock. I notice that even in chaging one string at a time...the saddles tend to move a little. Does the locking bridge fix this??

The only thing that bothers me is that I believe Tone Pros still uses zinc to make the bridge/tail for the LP style guitars. I'll send them an email.

I heard rumors they make an aluminum set. Lew mentioned the Tone Pros having a deeper and more solid tone. Is this from the zinc set??

Thanks!

Re: Tone Pros????

Tone Pro's is aluminum. I'm not sure about the fact that because it is locking, that it'll help keep the saddles from moving, but the saddles shouldnt move in the first place.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I believe they make an aluminum version, but I don't think they are all aluminum. I have one on my Hamer, and I think it's a useful upgrade. The idea isn't to keep the saddles from moving, that's generally not a problem. The idea is to lock the bridge and tailpiece in place so that they don't move around on the posts.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Kind of off topic, but, what exactly does an aluminum tailpiece do? How is it different from the stock Gibby's? Is it worth the money to put it on my LP?
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
          I was told the Tone Pros is brass like the PRS. This was received from PRS customer support.
          The PRS stoptail is made from aluminum. The trems are made out of brass.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
            Tone Pro's is aluminum. I'm not sure about the fact that because it is locking, that it'll help keep the saddles from moving, but the saddles shouldnt move in the first place.
            Apparently not all are aluminum because Steve from pigtail who is responsible for a lot of the TP designs mentioned their pieces are zinc. I received an email from Tone Pros customer service and they mentioned the PRS replacement locking bridge/tail is brass.

Aleclee, that is interesting because I got a different response from Tone Pros in that he said all PRS tail pieces are brass so that is why they chose brass.

I personally find that aluminum adds a lot to the tone...rounder, warmer, better clarity.

I don't really care if the bridge or tail itself is locked in place because I never take all strings off at once or I have ways to keep them in place if I do. The only problem i have now is the saddke smoving on my LP when changing strings. They slide around too easy but only a few of them.

Maybe I'll just order the PRS adjustable tail and be done with it. I assume it is aluminum.
            Last edited by papersoul; 08-30-2004, 10:58 AM.

Comment

unless things have changed, PRS tailpeices are brass with a nickel or gold coat on top. I found this out the hard way with my original stoptail when I tried to clean the tarnish off of it with a buffing wheel.
              Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

yes, I found out they are brass as are the Tone Pro replacement parts.

Comment

the first gibson tail pieces and bridges were aluminum i think, then they switced to what they use now(dont know) .
                  2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                  X