I'm a phase switcher now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a phase switcher now.

Well after spending two days doing something that, looking back, probably should've only taken an hour or two, I have a phase switch for my guitar. It's fun to play with. More and more options all the time, baby.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: I'm a phase switcher now.

I have a series switch that turns my strat from a 5-way standard strat to a 3 way 2 HB strat. I found that useful when you need a real mighty distortion.

Haven't played around with phasing a lot. I heard those sounds were thin and unuseable.

A series option is a MUST for any single coil guitar IMO.
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Try this for some wiring fun...coil split, series switch to put two humbuckers in series, and a phase switch.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Been there, done that.

Two push-pull volumes, one for each pup, both for series/split. I've also got a dual treble bleed mod with two pairs of 100pf + 47pf caps.
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.

Comment

coil split/series/parallel switching on my bridge pickup, phase switching between pickups. select both pickups, put phase switching on, switch bridge into parallel and you have the ultimate funk/reggae tone!
          dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock
            I have a series switch that turns my strat from a 5-way standard strat to a 3 way 2 HB strat. I found that useful when you need a real mighty distortion.

Haven't played around with phasing a lot. I heard those sounds were thin and unuseable.

A series option is a MUST for any single coil guitar IMO.
            How would you go about wiring that one up? What switches do you need?
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

bump for benjy

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
                bump for benjy
                Thank ya!
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Here's a great site with some unconventional wiring mods you won't find on other sites. If you like that out of phase sound but think it sounds weak, try the mod for combining series and out of phase on one push/pull pot. Pulling it up puts one of the pickups out of phase, and it connects the two humbuckers in series at the same time. I emailed the guy who runs the site with some questions, and he was kind enough to email me back with a custom wiring diagram. He's a really nice guy.

Ryan
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                    How would you go about wiring that one up? What switches do you need?
                    I'm running a 5 way standard strat switch.

I have a 12 lug (4x3 terminal) 2 position on-on switch. When this switch is engaged - it turns the 2 single coils (neck+mid) into a humbucker. I have a hotrail in the bridge - so if i switch into position 4 of the 5-way the hotrail gets in parallel with the 2 single coils (which are in series) giving me a 2 humbucker sound. The output on that is around 8k.
                    The output on neck + middle in series alone is around 16k. The hotrail's output is also 16k - so its a nice match when both in parallel.

I have a 50-s mod on my master tone. I also have a lindy blender pot instead of the second tone - this allows me neck+bridge or all 3 together in parallel.

The result gives me 9 switching combinations. (7 with the switch off, and 2 more with the switch on)
                    Last edited by Frantic_Rock; 09-01-2004, 05:11 PM.
                    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Working...
                    X