keyboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboards

i wanna get a cheap keyboard that would be decent for possible performances, but want to spend as little as possible, say 100. any recomendations or models to check out? i know nothing about this, any features to look for? advice?
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Re: keyboards

Believe it or not, the cheap Casio and Yamaha models actually sound pretty good. Of course, they are housed in plastic, so don't drop it! The weird thing is, the cheap and mid-range keyboards have the same sounds. The price difference is mostly in the hardware. Of course, for $100 you are looking at the lower end keys.

61 standard size keys would be my minimum. One thing I don't like about most of the Casio's, though--no slider volume control. It usually is a function with up and down arrows, hence harder to change smoothly. However I like the sounds in them.
    I would recommend touch sensitive keys

Check this out:
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

(/\this does not have touch sensitive keys)

My son has the CTK 541. I have used it satisfactorily on a couple of gigs that I didn't feel like hauling my Alesis QS8 to.

Then there is:

and
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

You might see if you can find a Roland Juno 1. They're an analog keyboard, but MIDI capable. Their piano sounds are not great, nor are their wind instruments, but they're a synthesizer and you can approximate some great Oberheim patches on them. Also their string sounds are still killer. These are old keyboards and not in demand at all, so you might be able to pick them up for about that price.
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

We have different Yamahas and Casios at school and i must say the Casios are really great! If i ever want a keyboard i would definatly buy a Casio!
        100% Bass player

Comment

i got paid 50 by my parents today for totally setting up 4 brand new computers in our house, plus a wireless router and some other stuff, so that brings my max up to 150, any other suggestions? do i need a stand? i guess i could wait till holiday season and be able to spring like 300 on it if needed...i am also gonna give a call to my uncle, he is a concert painist that plays in the lousiville symphony and a few other ensembles (his cds are pretty cool). he may be able to swing me something....thanks for the help, keep em coming, 150-300 ill say for now
          Crate VC-3112
          Fender Bassman 60

Comment

o yea for now i just want piano sounds and enough volume to do jams with friends (line out capable maybe, i dont know anything about these things....)
            Crate VC-3112
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

My friend who is a keyboardist tried a Roland FR/FP(?) at the local music store yesterday and damn that sounded sweet! He is seriously thinking of buying that one!
              100% Bass player

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
                o yea for now i just want piano sounds and enough volume to do jams with friends (line out capable maybe, i dont know anything about these things....)
                Most of the ones in your price range have a line out jack. The others have a headphone out jack that can serve the same purpose. A stand is needed, but you can get away with using other makeshift stands until you get a real one.

(Rolands sound good, but they are COSTLY.)

If you can double your money, I'd recommend:

Also, check MF and AMS for "non-factory sealed box" deals. AMS has one right now for about $540.

BTW, do NOT use your guitar amp for your keyboard. Either go direct to the PA, use a keyboard amp, or a bass amp. For the above K/B's, it is not as big of a threat, but a full range K/B can blow a guitar speaker. AND, it doesn't sound good.
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by BluesNRock87
                  9/10 times you have to PA the synth. Most of them wont be loud enough on their own to keep up with drums.
                  Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

For an extremely good deal I would suggest checking out the Optimus Concertmate 990 if you can score one off ebay it might be a good deal. They were a radioshack brand, but it has all the features you would want and its cheeeeeap. for like $420 CDN or whatever back in like 1999-2000ish it had Midi, Line out, headphone jack, onboard mixer, touch response, full scale keys, metronome, lessons, It even showed your note on a scale when you play a key, aswell as telling you what chord you are playing, it has pitch bender, hundreds of built in sounds, tracks, and 4 full concert percussion sets. I got one for Christmas a couple years ago and to be perfectly honest it is slightly more user friendly than the Roland units I worked with in the studio at school and at the Music College. The audio bites were all fully customizable aswell so you can modify them to get the exact sound you want. Basically the thing had everything a beginner would need without having to setup Midi and less user friendly audio software on a computer workstation. The speakers on it are capable of giving enough kick to play infront of a semi large group aswell. I suggest trying to find one in your area and picking it up for something in the area of $150. It is encased in plastic though, but aslong as your carefull you wont have a problem.
                    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

I scored this Casio CT648 last week for $30 off of Craig's List. Has 61 full keys tons of presets, drum machine and a sliding volume. Has an 1/8" line out but I can use an adaptor and run it into an amplifier.

~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

i won 50 bucks tonite at texas hold em, making my total 200, i also made 15 on a dare, so make it 215, anything else i could check out?
                        Crate VC-3112
                        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Working...
                        X