ARG!!! I HATE 10's!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARG!!! I HATE 10's!!!

I just busted my new QP because of that stupid little .010 e string. Dammit! and I cant play my usual 14's on this neck, because it's so thin, it cant handle the pressure, and I cant bend 14's on these vintage frets. ARG!!!!
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: ARG!!! I HATE 10's!!!

What brand are you using? I use Everly B52s and I've never broken a string and I bend like a yoga instructor on ecstasy when I play.
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Right now, I've got the B-52's that I got from a bud. I just cant stand 10s.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

hehe, i use friggin .9's!!!
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

man, I hate 10s now. I just took the quarter pounder out and fixed it, but I cant keep doing this cause 10's wanna suck so hard.

Comment

wats up with texans and *****in?? that's all they ever seem to do on this forum

j/k guys (except for you beaner )

Comment

Cory, I'll kill you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
                wats up with texans and *****in?? that's all they ever seem to do on this forum

j/k guys (except for you beaner )
                You know why Texas doesn't fall into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma Sux! J/K Cory

Gotta keep the Texas vs OU rivalry alive!
                ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Oh man, OK can shut their mouths, friggin booger eaters.

Comment

somehow i am missing something here, what did the e string do to your pickup?
                    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                        This is all part of the story of how Seymour got into pickup winding. He bent a note real hard, by pulling it, rather than pushing it. This caused the string to come down over the side of the neck, hook the edge of the pickup, and snap it off when it released.

So, I take it Bean was doing his best Seymour impression.

I would also think, now might be a good time to buy one of them thar' pickup covers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                          This is all part of the story of how Seymour got into pickup winding. He bent a note real hard, by pulling it, rather than pushing it. This caused the string to come down over the side of the neck, hook the edge of the pickup, and snap it off when it released.

So, I take it Bean was doing his best Seymour impression.

I would also think, now might be a good time to buy one of them thar' pickup covers.
                          I did this heaps on my epi when I was still using it.
                          It has a 59/JB, so is that why my 59 sounds like ****?

Comment

They dont make pickup covers for QP's. And I wasnt bending, I was strumming, and the string didnt make a sound, and I looked down and it's hooked under the eged of the pickup lip on the QP in the neck of my strat. This wouldnt happen with 13's or 14's. But I cant play my standards on this neck and size frets.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor
                              I did this heaps on my epi when I was still using it.
                              It has a 59/JB, so is that why my 59 sounds like ****?
                              I have that combo on my epi, the 59 sounds great (at least it does on mine)!!
                              Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                              Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                              Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                              RAT
                              Boss PH-1r
                              Ibanez cf-7
                              Ibanwz ts-7
                              Danelectro tremolo
                              Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Working...
                              X