Very Important Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Important Telecaster

I'm not a big Tele fan, but that one (and the special edition customs) tick all the right boxes for me. Congrats, man

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post

this guitar is cool enough to shoot somebody in the dick.

Giant Yawn.

Last edited by bluesbend; 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM.
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
        Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

I don't usually insult the intelligence of people by saying, "trust me." This time, Astrozombie, trust me when I say that you do not want to buy a Gibson Marauder - especially not from somebody that you consider a friend.
        "not from somebody you consider a friend" Seems I'd grow to hate Emptypockets.

The Les Paul is still number one...but it was super expensive compared to everything else i own (except for my Sentra) so i don't feel as comfortable pushing it to it's physical limits as i do something like this guitar.

The Les Paul is tuned to a comfortable E standard with normal .010-.046 strings and i use it for mostly everything...some of my other guitars are set-up as back-ups for it. The rest have heavy strings and are in lower tunings.

As for the Marauder...trust me man, you're glad you didn't buy that thing. It looked really really cool but you could fit 3-4 business cards in the gap between the neck and the body. If a skilled guitar builder used the same design but tighter tolerances there'd be nothing wrong with 'em...they're basically just Telecasters with mahogany bodies and customized pickups...but since they were all produced as the cheapest guitar of the Norlin era I imagine it's really hard to find one that's any good.

There's a huge difference between 'vintage quality' and 'an old, discontinued guitar'...this Indonesian-built Jim Adkins Telecaster is a lot better-sounding and better-playing than the 79 Marauder could've ever hoped to be.
        I didn't know about any of that... I'm kind of glad I didn't buy it now.

What's the tele like really? How's the quality compared to the jaguar HH?

finer guitar? same ****?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
          Giant Yawn.
          Nice. Can't wait for you to start a thread.

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
          "not from somebody you consider a friend" Seems I'd grow to hate Emptypockets.

I didn't know about any of that... I'm kind of glad I didn't buy it now.

What's the tele like really? How's the quality compared to the jaguar HH?

finer guitar? same ****?
          Comparing this to a Jaguar HH is like comparing well.....any Tele to any Jag...they're really really different from eachother. The JA-90 Tele seems to be just as well-built as the Jag...even tho the Tele is built in Indonesia which as far as i know has a really bad rep for importing guitars. Everything's solid tho -- two-piece body, one-piece neck, electronics feel right and not loose or crappy.

I duno if i'd recommend either guitar before the other one. I'd say try 'em both and see which one ya dig...and if ya dig 'em both, figure out which one you can put off until later like i did hahaha
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Nice. Can't wait for you to start a thread.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Tele's with four pots and the selector switch on the upper bout do nothing for me. I've never liked the look. Other than that, I like the P90's. I would prefer a string-thru bridge.
              I hope my opposing opinion didn't ruffle your feathers too much.

I have a build that should be complete soon. It's a Tele with a P90 at the neck and a QP at the bridge. I'll post pics of it so you can rag on it all you want.

Peace.
              " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                ah man....i dig that guitar...ALOT!!!

i think i like the red one better though...

Looks sweet, but hows it sound?
                BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                Gibson EBO

Comment

OOOOOh I like that!!!
                  Oh my God! ,Whatever ,Etc.

Comment

sounds as good as it looks...maybe better cuz it looks kinda like something you'd use to play the Cure and it does that well, but it loves punk rock and heavy metal too.

It's got the same features as a lot of the other guitars i've amassed in the past year or so...it's got a very Les Paul-ish mean growl...the Les Paul is meaner tho. It definitely lacks that twang and snap you'd associate with a typical Telecaster and it doesn't quite jangle like my archtop semihollow but it's a light-weight, good-feeling guitar with awesome tone.

Comment

Kickass guitar.

The clean tone is absolutely beautiful. I mean, really freaking stunning. I nearly got one myself. The only deal breaker was how she fared under high gain but then again she was never intended for such an application.

All in all, that's a guitar you can be proud of.

Comment

^ it handles gain fine for me man...nice and crunchy yet defined...

Comment

Cartman: That's not cool Butters. You don't shoot a guy in the dick.
                          Butters: But I was just tryin to stop him and you said--
                          Cartman: It doesn't matter, Butters! You never shoot a guy in the dick! Everyone knows that! Shooting a guy in the dick!? That's just...that's just weak...I can't believe you, Butters.

Comment

^ yeah but if this guitar shot somebody in the dick, it would STILL be cool.

i mean it would take a LOT of dick shooting to make this guitar lame.

Comment

Working...
                            X