going bonkers selecting amp to save for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going bonkers selecting amp to save for

I need GAS help...I have been saving for a Vetta II for a little while but now
    theres the Randall RT4 which has blown my mind...so im indecisive which should i get??? help

thanks
    chris
    LINE 6 VETTA 2
    16.67%
    RANDALL RM4
    50.00%
    OTHER- PLESE EXPLAIN IN POST
    33.33%
    "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Re: going bonkers selecting amp to save for

Are you talking about the randall amp with the little tone-module channels that you can buy separately and install in the amp for kind of a semi-customized amp?

Comment

Yup Thats The One.....also I Wanted To Know If I Should Just Say Screw It And Trade In My Pod Xt For A Pod Xt Pro...buy A Power Amp And Cab And Call It Good?>..

Comment

I am not familiar with the Randall amp but I suspect that its probably quite expensive and that you are going to pay for it until it becomes cheaper once they are better known. Also what about reliability? are they okay, can they handle the job, repairs etc etc.

If you are set on the Vetta II and know what it does then go for that but how about the Fender Cyber Deluxe models - have you tried them out or even the Vox Valvetronix AD120 amp which is very good.
        Normans Guitars

Comment

I Just Finished Downloading The Rm4 Clips Off Of Randallamplifiers.com
          I Love The Clean And Ultra Modules...wow...they Have That Tube Vibe To Them That I Love...plus You Can Change The Tubes In The Modules ...think Of
          The Possibilities...i Also Hear That There Is To Be A Bogner Model Soon...
          Wow Wow Wow.....this Is Almost Making Me Want To Sell My Pod Xt ( Me Sell My Pod...thats A Concept)

Comment

those randall amps loook cool, if i didnt have the perfect tube amp for my needs id definately be droolling over one. u can get like 3 or 4 modules in at a time no? that gives u tons of possibilites, i loved clips ive heard plexi and whatnot....
            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
            Crate VC-3112
            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Bumbage

Comment

Another Shameless Bump

Comment

Well, look at it this way. Everytime you want to change or tweak your sound youll have to buy another module. I'm familiar with that Randall amp and those modules are expensive, although I have seen them reduced on several of the online stores like M.F. or A.M.....

If you get a POD you'll get all those sounds included and not have to pay additional $$$ for them. But if your planning on staying with one sound then get the Randall..........
                  Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
                  1999 Fender MIM Strat...
                  2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
                  Line 6 Spider II 1x12
                  Boss ME-50
                  Boss DD-5

Comment

Ive heard not so good things about the randall..I think it Was Gearjoneser or possibly someone else who's friend recieved one on an endorsement deal, he sant it right back to them..Definitly try it before you buy it, same with the Vetta..
                    Marshall JVM 410C
                    Mesa Boogie DC-3
                    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
                    X