Denim covered amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denim covered amps?

Cover the amps in the same material Victoria's Secret uses on the lace Angles Collection. I've abused a few of those, and they seem to hold up well!
    My Sound Clips

Comment

cover em in kevlar so there bulletproof.....

more seriously, could he use laminate? would it kill the tone?there's 100's of patterns to choose from and should be fairly cheap (maybe - what do I know?)

although I do like the smoked grey plexiglass idea.... or go in the direction of like the modded pc case housings and have cutouts with plexiglass?

Comment

Covering it it denim would be pretty cool. Anything different is cool the first time, it's just when people take your idea and do it over and over again that it's not cool anymore. I'd say why not try it.

Comment

I've seen and amp covered in Denim. I can't remember where, I think is was at Wild West Guitar, Riverside. I think it was a Bad Cat. Don't remember exactly. It looked like a pair of pants. It had pockets and everything. I thought it looked cool. This was within the last 2 months.

Comment

I think it would look cool if the denim were laquered like a tweed cover.
            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Originally posted by texasguitarslinger
              I think it would look cool if the denim were laquered like a tweed cover.
              I was thinking the same thing.
              Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
              gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
              SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Laquered Denim. What if I just discovered the hippest new amp covering? Ha Ha
                It's almost making me want to take an amp like a Classic 50, and recover it in Laquered Faded Denim. Like Curly said, it would be different!
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

how about a chrome chassis (it would certainly stand out!)? or one skinned in brushed stainless steel? does it have to be cloth? how about luggage vinyl?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

When I had my furniture biz, we would send out rolls of fabric to be plastic laminated...mostly for fancy prints needing a waterproof coating for dining seat etc. Most plastic vinyls did'nt have the real nice prints, so we could order a nice printed cotton, and have it laminated to feel/wear like a vinyl. It still remained soft enough and increased it's durability...although NO vinyl is as tough as Tolex. I think a dark denim would look kool. Although I forgot the company we used, here is one I found that will laminate fabric...there is a lot more out there...
                    Fabric lamination

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                    Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                    Celestion speakers
                    Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                    Too many pedals....

Comment

ever seen a denim couch in blue? the look pretty cheap, IMO. however, he could offer denim as an upgrade or custom option? with standard cabinet coverings? i believe he would get the "the amp looks cheap, so therefore it must be cheap" thing. good luck to him.

germ
                      Jeremy Ledford
                      Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                      Tone Shop

Comment

Working...
                      X