banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention JM Corey Regarding OS-2 Fix For Noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention JM Corey Regarding OS-2 Fix For Noise!

Joe...Yesterday I finished modding my own OS-2 after really liking yours! Anyway...After mine was modded it sounded great but I had this high pitched oscillation that would occur anytime I brought the drive control up past about noon...The high pitched squeeling comes in at around the 1 O'Clock position on the drive knob with the settings as shown below...This fix will also make your OS-2 quieter...

The fix is to take the back cover off and get inside your pedal..There's a long grey wire along the right side of the board,and all you need to do is pull all the slack out of that wire and reposition it over by the on/off switch...I found this fix by having my pedal on and my guitar plugged in while moving wires within the pedal...When I grabbed that grey wire and moved it,the high pitched squeeling was gone and it made the pedal a bit more quiet..There's alot of gain capable within the OS-2 and that's why this oscillation happens...I'm hoping yours isn't doing the same thing? If it is,this will fix it..

Copy my settings and slowly bring the drive knob up past mid point...Listen for a high pitched whistling sound that gets worse as you bring the drive knob up...

Click on this link and look to right on the board for that long grey wire...That's the wire that you'll need to "possibly" reposition if you end up with the oscillations?
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 09-10-2004, 02:35 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Attention JM Corey Regarding OS-2 Fix For Noise!

Bumped for JM Corey
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Not sure where Joe is but?

Comment

Thanks, John. I have been tremendously busy at work. I haven't tried it yet that high, since I typically like it a bit more open sounding, but I will to see if there are any problems with it.

Thanks for the premptive help. Glad you liked it so much you bought one for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey
          Thanks, John. I have been tremendously busy at work. I haven't tried it yet that high, since I typically like it a bit more open sounding, but I will to see if there are any problems with it.

Thanks for the premptive help. Glad you liked it so much you bought one for yourself.
          I love this pedal after the mods...It's got alot of different distortion character on both sides of the color knob...Let me know if yours makes that whistling sound,if so,just reposition that long grey wire and you'll be fine...

John

Comment

Working...
          X