Scored A Ricki!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored A Ricki!!!

Hey guys, I just scored a Rickenbacker bass inmapleglo finish for $350!!!

I'd been looking for a bass for a while and was about to buy either a Peavey or a MIM Fender when my little bro saw this at a local pawn shop and called me. I then gave him my credit card # and now it's at home, waiting to get set up. Cant' wait to get off of work!
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Scored A Ricki!!!

man thats awesome! i dont play bass but im familiar with the legendary rickenbacker tone and looks. See if you can post some pics.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

He shoots....HE SCORES!!!!!

What year is it? Pics pics...........$350.00.........don't tell Hoss!!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Man, everyone is getting awesome scores today! I'm starting to GAS really bad.... must make it to Beano..... AAAARRRRGgghhh
        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Ok, so it's a bit rough, the chrome cover for the bridge pickup is missing and there's some buckle rash on the back. As far as the year, I don't know. I'll be taking off the hardware Sunday so that I can give it a good cleaning. It comes with what look like singles. BTW, It sounds gorgeous! Ran it at low volume through my Bassman head and a 1x12 closed back cab loaded with an EV 12L.

I need to get a new camera to post pics, but trust me, I will.

P.S. It looks like a 4003 and it has stereo jacks!
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The chrome cover is missing ? Try http://www.pickofthericks.com. I've dealt w/ this guy ( Chris). He's honest, helpful and sells parts. If he can't hook you up, I'm sure that he knows someone who can.
            <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

omg ive wanted a ric 4003 since i started playing........i cant believe you got one for 350! you are so lucky. have fun with it!
              The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

i better get that good of a deal on a 360
                congrats man!
                Originally posted by krankguitarist
                And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood
                  i better get that good of a deal on a 360
                  congrats man!
                  Rush :

I did ! Long story short ... I bought a used Gibson Blues Hawk from an affiliate auction site of GC ... the auction site screwed up; it had been sold from the floor of the shop that entered the listing ... I called my local GC looking for a phone number for corporate.

The manager of the local GC asked what he, as a rep of the company, could do to make it right. That's how I found a really nice Rick 360 w/ orig case on my doorstep via UPS two days later. It was used, and not absolutely cherry .... but the nicest Rick I've ever seen for the price tendered.

GC did the right thing by me on this one ...

Comment

well...i was in a good mood today....until i checked in here a saw all the new gear that was bought the past few days.... ...one of these days....

that is a SUPER SCORE benji........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Keep huntin', Hoss. They're out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X