banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puckboy and others...puhlease tell me about the Agile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckboy and others...puhlease tell me about the Agile.

especially what makes the 2500 better. Les paul is what im interested in. Thank you.

Re: Puckboy and others...puhlease tell me about the Agile.

Sorry Bro....I don't have an Agile & have never played one. The one in my avatar is a Dillion with Duncan Custom-3 P90s & it ROCKS!!!

There are a few folks around here with Agiles though & they all love them.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I had a 2500 DC for awhile, good guitar for the buck, here's what I felt about it in the Pro's and Con's breakdown:

Pro's
      Great action out of the box (although there are some complaints I've seen on HC concerning string height and buzzing)
      Excellent finish
      Excellent components (even the pots were good)
      Light - I think mine weighed in around 8.5 lbs
      Good binding job on the body and neck

Con's:

The ceramic pickups are less than adequate (obviously they were replaced with SD's)
      The poly finish is soft and scratches up fairly easily.
      The nut was cheap and not filed well for string depth and width - I had to replace it to eliminate tuning problems.
      For some reason the guitar I had just didn't sustain very well in the upper register (anywhere above the 10th fret) may have been the pickups or the nut. But once they were both replaced the sustain improved dramatically.

Other than that the guitar played very well and once the pickups were replaced along with the nut it sounded very good, I did replace the pots with push/pulls so I could split the coils on the replacement pickups (a 59's four conducter in the nech and a Pearly Gates in the bridge). I sold the guitar to a friend who uses it just about every weekend - the finish isn't holding up real well but other than that the guitar is taking regular gigging without any issues. My only real issue with the guitar was with the neck, it's got a thin profile, I have big hands and I never felt comfortable playing the guitar.

Comment

if you can afford it go for the 3000 or 2800.
        the 2500 is still great, > epi, but the extra care on the other models are well worth the price.
        Originally posted by krankguitarist
        And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Well, I just received mine so I cannot give you an in-depth review... They seem really nice for the price, good wood, good components, (the p90s sound really nice in mine), grover tuners, action is nice out of the box. I'll write a more complete review in a couple of weeks once I'm used to it...

Comment

Working...
          X