Agile AL3000: LP tone or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile AL3000: LP tone or not??

Ive heard great things about these. Build and playability. How are they tonally? I want LP tone. I have an EPI LP that sounds good and plays great, but it has a maple neck so it is brighter than a normal LP. I dont have the $$ for the Gibby studio, so Im looking for something close for right now.
    Yes, I know that to get the tone dead on, you have to get the real deal, but right now Im aiming to come close. Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Agile AL3000: LP tone or not??

id say the agile comes pretty close to real lp tone the mahogany in it is a bit on the heavy side so this probably affects the tone. i think a gibson lp is a bit more balance the the agile but the thing does produce some good tones. when i get my recording stuff up and running i can record some clips but i put a seth lover and 59 in mine so it will sound different than the stock pup's which i found to be hot and thinner sounding than the SD's.

Guitars
    MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
    MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
    Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
    Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
    MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
    70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
    Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
    Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

I'd say get a used japanese clone, like a tokai or edwards...edwards are pretty rare though...some of these japanese guitars surpass gibson quality

Comment

JimiHwannabe, Thanks! Ill bet yours sounds sweet with those pups!!

Led zep, Yeah, Tokai would work nicely, but alil hard to find and getting close to LP studio pricing.. I hear they are the bomb tho
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I've owned 3 of these. Great guitars for the money, but I also own a bunch of Gibsons and no they are not the same tone. You desire Les Paul tone? You gota buy a real Les Paul. But like I said, these are nice guitars and best bang-for-buck around IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X