Bogner 4x12
    Marshall JCM 800 4x12
    Marshall late 70's 4x12
    Marshall New hadwire series 4x12
    Metroamp 4x12 (Mojo cabs)
    Mojave 4x12
    Voodoo amps 4x12

Loaded with 4 greenbacks........

Any opinions on sound, reliability, construction....I'll be using any of these cabs with my Voodoo amps V-plex and Baka 50....
    Gear:
    Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
    1988 Strat (copy)
    Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
    Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
    Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Re: Opinions on any of these 4x12

Buy the Voodoo Amps 4-12. Almost all of those cabs are fingerjointed birch ply, with a solid back and good speakers, so get the one that matches your head.
    Just make sure that if you sell it....sell the whole halfstack.

I've always been a fan of having the head match the cab. I've always thought mismatched head/cabs looked like a Pickup truck with the wrong size and color campershell. He He.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Buy the Voodoo Amps 4-12. Almost all of those cabs are fingerjointed birch ply, with a solid back and good speakers, so get the one that matches your head.
      Just make sure that if you sell it....sell the whole halfstack.

I've always been a fan of having the head match the cab. I've always thought mismatched head/cabs looked like a Pickup truck with the wrong size and color campershell. He He.
      Heheheheh, Thanks for the advise....
      Gear:
      1988 Strat (copy)
      Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

i just saw this thread over at the voodoo amps forum and though it looked extremely Familiar.
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
          i just saw this thread over at the voodoo amps forum and though it looked extremely Familiar.
          Well they ara kind of similar.....
          Gear:
          1988 Strat (copy)
          Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
            How is that Hex treating ya???
            Gear:
            1988 Strat (copy)
            Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

You forgot the Splawn 4x12! I decided on that over the voodoo cab because of the price difference and looks, and the splawn cab just rules.

But, like GJ said, a matched head/cab will impress the ladies more (OK, I was paraphrasing a little ). On a more practical note, it would make sense for an amp company to design their heads and cabs to be tonally compatible, so a voodoo cab might be your best bet if you couldn't compare all of your choices.
              "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Originally posted by TwofacePimp
                You forgot the Splawn 4x12! I decided on that over the voodoo cab because of the price difference and looks, and the splawn cab just rules.

But, like GJ said, a matched head/cab will impress the ladies more (OK, I was paraphrasing a little ). On a more practical note, it would make sense for an amp company to design their heads and cabs to be tonally compatible, so a voodoo cab might be your best bet if you couldn't compare all of your choices.
                You know I looked at their web site and their cabs are made of 13 ply birch just like the Mojo's ones. I don't know about the handles or the baffle, and the gauge of the wires?????? The difference in price from others is quite significant though......
                Gear:
                1988 Strat (copy)
                Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Voodoo would probably be the most sensible, but if I were to pick a 4x12, I'd get either a vintage Marshall cab or the Bogner (Bogner cabs have an EXCELLENT reputation) as do Hiwatts (but Hiwatts don't come stock with Celestions at all).
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Avatar is the best bang-for-buck out there. And not cheap-O either. Best prices on replacement speakers and great built stuff (good Birch or Mahogany plywood). Only complaint is they aren't set up for removable casters. Best thing about them, is you can choose your tolex/grill styles/color, and speaker combos, ohms wiring everything is customized how you want it. And the owner Dave is a great guy to deal with and he backs his **** up.

Comment

Grundorf used to make some very nice 412 cabs. Lots of bottom end and articulation.
                      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by pureoldsound
                        You know I looked at their web site and their cabs are made of 13 ply birch just like the Mojo's ones. I don't know about the handles or the baffle, and the gauge of the wires?????? The difference in price from others is quite significant though......
                        pureoldsound, I still stick to my original advice on your cabs, but if you want to learn about Splawn cabs I posted a review of mine here, a few spots down from my rant on how much I love my new 5150.
                        "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Working...
                        X