opinions on g-flex cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on g-flex cabinets

i think i am going to purchase a genz benz el diablo 100. it seems like a good amp. the g-flex cabs seem like they are good, but waht would suit the el diablo best? maybe a bogner cab? or maybe the g-flex cab is best? just looking for ideas
    [SIZE=1]Guitars:
    Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
    Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
    Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
    Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Re: opinions on g-flex cabinets

bump
    [SIZE=1]Guitars:
    Takamine Acoustic

Amps:

Comment

I hear the Genz Benz speakers are crap? A reputable person in the industyr told me that they are just Jensen speakers. The best cabs are old Mrshall type made of Birch with 75 watt Celestions in them. I own a Mesa oversized cab with vintage 30s but may go the route of an older pre 1995 cab. I use a mesa 2 channel rectifier and am playing covers and originals over a broad range of styles.
      My bands links:

PEDL
      www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
      www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
      www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
        A reputable person in the industyr told me
        (cringe) I wouldn't go by that alone.

I have one in my living room, I also have an avtar with V30's and G12H30's, used to own both a Mesa 4x12 oversized recto and a recto 2x12. The G-Flex is a very cool looking, well built, big sounding, clear cab. It's perfect for playing low heavy metal music. The speakers are smooth, bassy, and it doesn't get muddy at all, even when thumping it. For metal, I'd say gotta have one. But for other more toneful music, I'd go with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
          But for other more toneful music, I'd go with something else.
          what would u recommend for like an early van halen tone? not to sound like a poser, but i really love that sound it has great definition for the chords. i might go with a marshall cab, bc eddie used marshalls on the first cd.
          [SIZE=1]Guitars:
          Takamine Acoustic

Amps:

Comment

Granted, my Soldano is very sensitive to cabs but the GFlex was one of many that didn't sound good with the amp. It had a low-mid honk that really turned me off.

I haven't tried it with other amps so I can't say whether that was the nature of the cab (to my ear) or some funky interaction between the amp and cab.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

Originally posted by slash857
              what would u recommend for like an early van halen tone? not to sound like a poser, but i really love that sound it has great definition for the chords. i might go with a marshall cab, bc eddie used marshalls on the first cd.

If you go with Marshall, get an older used one. The new ones are made from particle board and suck. Personally, I'm recommending Avatar cabs to everyone, you can choose your speaker combo, tolex color, crill color, ohms wiring, and they are very cheap priced, but good quality build. And the owner Dave is great to deal with. I ordered a brand new 4x12 from him with black carpet covering and a metal grill with two V30's and two G12H30's in an X-pattern for under $400 !!

Comment

the avatars seem great. thanks i think i might go with those. what a steal
                [SIZE=1]Guitars:
                Takamine Acoustic

Amps:

Comment

Working...
                X