Super Overdrive or Bad Monkey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Overdrive or Bad Monkey???

Whats a better overdrive pedal for blues, the Boss super overdrive or the Digitech Bad Monkey. The Boss is about 2x as much, which means I could buy the Digitech plus something else for the same $$. But I will buy which one is best regardless of the cost. Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed.

Re: Super Overdrive or Bad Monkey???

I would go with the Boss. I tried the Digitech pedals and wasn't impressed with them, though others might like them.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Sam Ash has the Boss SD-1 for $39.99 and they pay the shipping...I Just bought 2 more to mod and keep here in stock...That's like $20 off the normal price of one..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The Bad Monkey is a great OD, for the price.

But, you'll be happier in the long run with the SD-1.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

the sd1 is a great pedal, especially for $40. tried the monkey and i like the boss better.

Comment

I have both a TS9 RI and the Boss Super Overdrive. I used the SOD for many years and was always satisfied with it. Someone gave me the TS9 and I liked it a lot better. John is modding a second one for me now, and I anticipate this pedal to be my OD of the future.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I didn't like the Bad Monkey at all... The SD-1 is a better OD platform plus you can get STRATDELUXER97 (a.k.a John) to mod it for a boutique sound. You can't mod digital stuff

Comment

i have a mij boss and it is awesome. im not sure how it compairs to the boss that is out now... but the sd-1 is an awesome pedal.

Comment

blues...

ever considered a blues driver?
                  Originally posted by gibson175
                  metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Working...
                  X