banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever played a Marshall 2555 jubilee or a slash signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone ever played a Marshall 2555 jubilee or a slash signature?

Originally posted by theodie
    Thank you Joneser. Will it make any difference in tone If I got a 100w versus a 50w or a 2x12 versus a 4x12
    Get whichever wattage is appropriate for your situation. If it's parked in a bedroom DO NOT get the 100 watter. I think since Jubilees are considered highgain amps and have a narrower sound than say a Plexi, I'd opt for a 4-12. I've got mine on a Jubilee 4-12 w/Vin 30 in the top 2 and G-75's in the bottom 2.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

100W ones are oly really appropriate if you need a lot of headroom or are playing LARGE venues w/out a house PA. My 50w Rectoverb will rattle windows on 4.

Comment

I'm actually critical to many fine all tube Marshall amplifiers and I find some of the amplifiers (like the Slash Sig) to be flabby in the bottom end and unfocused. I wouldn't buy it, that's for sure. As much as I try to like it, I just can't...it's just not my tone.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
          100W ones are oly really appropriate if you need a lot of headroom or are playing LARGE venues w/out a house PA. My 50w Rectoverb will rattle windows on 4.
          Listen to this man, he KNOWS!

I can tell you that unless you're a touring professional in a large venue without any PA, 100w is useless. 50w is enough for anything to be honest. I won't buy anything above 50w anymore. My 30w is viciously loud, but I can get it just loud enough to get some good tube saturation. I can rattle windows at 3.5... so I can't imagine a venue that I'd be playing that it couldn't completely dominate without a PA. I just don't understand why amp companies make such loud amps when they know that most buyers are guys either in the bedroom or playing small / moderate sized venues.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

my 100 watt JCM800 doesn't really seem too loud. once you get up to like. 4-5..you can crank it and there's not much audible volume difference to me. and it doesn't sound good cranked. that worries me. i think it's just my speakers, cause i have all 25 watt speakers and they're all ripped or something in some way. doesn't make for good tone.

ok carry on.
            Originally posted by krankguitarist
            And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

The difference between a 100w and 50w amp isnt just about the difference in volume. You get a different tone at any volume - The 100w tend to give you more bottom end and a bigger sound, and will be less compressed even when turned up just a bit.
              Personally, i definitely prefer to use 50w in the small size venues i play in, but as i say its not just about the volume.
              Incidentally, with the jubilee, the 25watt setting on the 50watt combo is loud enough for 90% of the kind of pub and club gigs people play - but again - the 25watt sounds different to the 50.
              Ernie Ball Axis Sport (SD EVH 78/ Alnico 2 Pro)
              Ernie Ball Silhouette Special
              Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Dimarzio Air Zone/ SD 59)
              Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday neck and bridge)
              Fender American Series Telecaster
              Marshall Jubilee 2554 combo
              Marshall JMP Master Volume Combo
              Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20

Comment

Working...
              X