Washburn WM526

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn WM526

I'm thinking about selling my Les Paul and picking one of these up. Anyone have any experience with it? Or insight?
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Re: Washburn WM526

Well, other than the fact that they aren't even remotely similar, yeah, I can dig them.
    Personally I only played the lower end Indonesian(?) ones and they felt real slick and really REALLY fast although their tone was only the generic shred tone.

In short they were designed from the ground up to be the ultimate shred axe. Of course I can always see them being sth more with the right pickup swap

In the end they are almost nothing like a Les Paul so you gotta know which of the two is closer to what you want/like.
    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I was on the Washburn site last night and found some in white with Duncans. JB-Jazz, in them. Apparently they were a special run for this store
      Last edited by blindedbysilence; 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

that is sweet! I wonder if that is the set neck tho?? The ones on the Washburn site that have passive pups are bolt on.. Yeah, Ive not been able to get much feedback on them. They got a good review from Guitar one.. Id love to play one.. Im SO far away from being a shredder, I cant justify the expense.. But they look amazing..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Set neck on all the wm526s.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

Sell a LP for one of those? Son, we gotta talk.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Again, this is one KICK@SS guitar which should definitely be in the stable of every self-respecting shredder.
              That said, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a Les Paul.

So, which of the two are you?
              (me, I'd get the shredder axe in an instance but, I'm not you).
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                Sell a LP for one of those? Son, we gotta talk.
                I have two les pauls and just cannot get a feel for either. I have found I prefer the longer scale and the way the neck is set into a Gibby just isn't for me. Don't get me wrong I will always hold the Gibby in high regards, I simply don't think it is for me.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

Blinded, Did you ever get one?

Has anyone played these yet?? I didnt want to start a new thread as I came up with about 4 when I searched, but none have hands on reviews..

Ive played the asian made, bolt on version and find it to be a great playing axe.. So, if this one is that much better, it must be insane!
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    Blinded, Did you ever get one?

Has anyone played these yet?? I didnt want to start a new thread as I came up with about 4 when I searched, but none have hands on reviews..

Ive played the asian made, bolt on version and find it to be a great playing axe.. So, if this one is that much better, it must be insane!
                    Are you looking to sell all of your guitars and get this one?

Comment

LOL! Thought has crossed my mind.. Ive never played one, so I dont know if it would be worth it. Thats why I want feedback so bad.. I am VERY impressed with the WM24V! Thats a bolt on, and I got one for $299. If the WM526 is alot better, then it must be amazing!

I doubt I'll do this without trying one first and I need the sale money for bills..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. The nearest Washburn dealer is Huntsville, Alabama and that's about a 3 hour drive. I finally bought a Schecter, so I covered my Floyd need although I still want one of these eventually.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

What schecter?? I miss my C1!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Best shreader guitar on the planet bar none.
                            blows any thing Jackson has ever done out of the water playability wise!! That super slim neck carbon glass finger board and those Stainless Steel Jumbo frets make this the fastest playing neck on the planet!!
                            Sorry but for me keep your Less Paul I WILL own one of these at some point!!
                            These have best playing necks I have had my hands on from any builder at any price PERIOD!
                            On the white ones with the Duncans that was something Jon over at Funky Munky had built.
                            Yell at him and see if he has any left http://www.funkymunkymusic.com/index.php
                            Last edited by Ascension; 02-17-2010, 09:57 PM.
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

So Richard tell me, Do you like it??? haha

Is it something that a player that doesnt have shred chops can enjoy too? I really like the W24v.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X