PRS McCarty or Gibson Les Paul Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS McCarty or Gibson Les Paul Standard

The McCarties I owned always sounded whimpy in a band context. LPs always sounded big, full and ballsy. Nuff said. I am back with Gibson.

Comment

'
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I hand picked my mccarty from 6 different ones and it had the biggest fattest singing tone of the bunch. It sounded nothing like the 2 les pauls i owned at the time ir a firebird studio. . Far clearer with less muscle to individuao notes. That whole designed to sound like les paul thing is crap. It was designed to mimic duane allmans tone on the live at thefillmore album at the request of david grissom. Paul may have revised that statement over the years to suit his marketing needs. Apparently it did not work all that well in its original intention, as the dgt model surfaced later.

They are excellent guitars that sound nothing like a gibson, but have a very vintage voice if you will. Anyone who has actually owned them andback back played them for more than 2 minutes at guitar center know this. Better is subjective. The do not sound the same.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          It sounded nothing like the 2 les pauls i owned at the time ir a firebird studio. . Far clearer with less muscle to individuao notes. That whole designed to sound like les paul thing is crap.
          My sentiments exactly. I stick to my statement that this is an apples/oranges comparison.
          After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Love LPs....apples to oranges. LP = Good.

Comment

Working...
            X