• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i didn't know seymour made amps

how many amps do they or did they have?
    boreddddddddddd

Re: i didn't know seymour made amps

This from the SD FAQ

Where might I find a Seymour Duncan amp?
    Sorry, we no longer manufacture amps. There are a lot of used amps out there (and even a few new ones). We see used ones advertised all the time.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I've seen two on ocassion here in Holland, I asked for advise but they didn't seem to be my kinda thing.
      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

I've played the SD amps on occasion, one quite recently when I went to Baltimore to play the Power Mad festival.

My official verdict is meh.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I had an opportunity to buy the 150W head w/about 5 modules. They used proprietary preamp modules that pop into the chassis, similar to an Egnater preamp.
          He wanted $400 for it, and my idea was to advertise it in the Trader section after playing it for a few weeks. The concept was really a good one, and even Jeff Beck endorsed them during his 80's Rod Stewart years, however I changed my mind.
          They have a unique sound, which is a very warm midrangey compressed tone....it just wasn't my thing, so I passed on it. I might have bought it if it had the matching 4-12, but only because it's a cool period piece. Not too valuable or collectible, unfortunately. Same is true for the rare PRS solid state amps that were issued for only a couple years. Rare, but they don't fetch big dollars.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
            He claims there are four power tubes inside, and the amp is rated at 150W??? Strange...
            Actually, this is more common than most would think.....A bone stock JCM800 is good for 160 watts out of 4 El34's.....I've gotten 186 out of my modded 2210 w/El34's....for the soon to be hearing impaired!!!...

i probably only use about 50 of those watts when I gig......

Jeff Seal
            ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
            www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

I have the Convertible 60 1x12 combo. the OD's are OK, but the cleans are very good.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've got 6 or so brand new modules for the Convertible, if anyone's interested....I keep forgetting about them until someone mentions the amp!

Jeff Seal
                ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
                www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

whats a module?

My faithful guitartech has a recently fixed convertable 120 1x12 combo. Its kickass.
                  I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Comment

The Convertible 60/120's had plug-in modules for varying tones.....another great idea that really never caught on.....there have been many, at least SD's was to this day ultra usable.... some less than great ones below..

other great ideas, although less useful, were the Peavey Programax 10.....set the controls how you want and then press a button and it's stored! Up to 10x.....biggest downfall....basically you couldn't get a decent tone out of it or any other Peavey of the time....so although technically way ahead of it's time, pretty much comparable to a solar powered flashlight!

Fender 400 PS Bass Amp, huge monstrosity weighing in at 86 lbs for the head alone! Equipped with 6 6550's supposed to deliver 435 watts...only problem was the output section was actually divided into three sections that could only be turned on by plugging into all three output jacks....each one has a switch that controls the cathode feed, so you only got 100 watts (less than a Bassman 100) or so unless you actually used three cabs or were saavy enough just to plug a 1/4" into the unused jacks...(made no difference if they went anywhere or not, it was the only way all 6 6550's would ever operate!) as a tech, this freaked me out the first time I ever saw one...
                    ...most opted for the simpler solution...Ampeg SVT!

Our third candidate is a little more recent, and requires a little more thought! (Or maybe I just "missed" something somewhere...we'll see!)
                    Matchless DC-30...has a Master Volume that does nothing unless it's turned on via push/pull switch......it's not footswitchable and even if it was, it would be unusable.... doesn't bypass any circuitry, just very simply turns the MV function on...if it's off the MV is at "10", if it's on it's from 0-10...so why the switch at all?
                    ..or do you think anybody "missed" the fact it had no effect at all from such a high dollar amp...?

Jeff Seal
                    ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
                    www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Seal
                      I've got 6 or so brand new modules for the Convertible, if anyone's interested....I keep forgetting about them until someone mentions the amp!

Jeff Seal
                      I'd be very interested in them. I just bought a 100 Watt Combo off eBay. It came with four normal and one classic. I sent you a message via the forum but don't know if you saw it.

You can email me at [email protected]

Iota

Comment

Working...
                      X