No announcement yet.

Can anyone recomend a good attennuator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone recomend a good attennuator?

I got a HotPlate and it works for me.
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
      HOLY SHEEEEIIIT those are expensive!!!!

For that price they better sound like GOD. WTF are they made out of? Solid Platinum?

It's the last attenuator you'll ever need, it handles everything and anything... and it does let you sound like god

But yeah, a lot of money. That's why I passed on it...
      My Site
      My Gear

Comment

I think this thread on The Gear Page is a pretty good discussion, especially at the end where Leon discusses how different attenuators work better with different amps. He's owned just about everything and has at least tried the few things he hasn't owned.

IMO, all the "name" attenuators are good. Which one is for you depends on your amp and your ears. Finally, any attenuator is gonna strangle tone at more than about 8 dB of attenuation.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
          I think this thread
          IMO, all the "name" attenuators are good. Which one is for you depends on your amp and your ears. Finally, any attenuator is gonna strangle tone at more than about 8 dB of attenuation.

Yes and no... I really felt that the THD had poor clearity even at the lowest attenuation levels it offered, and didn't offer very much in the way of flexability. At that price point the Wber Mass is a much better product.

Excellent point about the effects at higher levels of attenuation though. I think it's important for someone to actually hear how an amp sounds and reacts under the attenuation level they're desiring... as with any gear, preferably their amp.
          My Site
          My Gear

Comment

Working...
          X