Maybe new bass amp - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe new bass amp - opinions?

I just found what looks to be a sick deal on a bass amp, and it's only about 5 minutes from me here at school. It's a pretty new Ampeg SVT4 head. It's SS power, tube pre, capable of 1200 watts total. Do I need that much power? Absolutely not... but at least I have it if I ever need to destroy something. The cab is an Ampeg SVT-410HLF, which is my ideal cab at this point. It also comes with a rackmount tuner and rack bag. The total package is $900. It seems like a smokin' deal, and I'm in need of a new bass amp.

I'm figuring I'll sell the rack tuner immediately - I have no use for one. I'll try the head out at practice. If it's too much, I'll sell it and go with an SVT3 or something like it. This all means my current Ampeg B3 combo will be up for sale, probably around $300.

Any opinions, thoughts, etc before I go do this? Thanks a bunch yall.

Re: Maybe new bass amp - opinions?

I told you already over AIM...just do it!
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

here's my suggestion, buy that amp and RUN! Nothign sounds better than a fender bass and an Ampeg... god... I wish I didn't blow my money on my girlfriend and just got that Ampeg B15.... damn her! GC was practically giving one away for 800 bucks...
      You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake
        I told you already over AIM...just do it!
        ...and if I had your screen name Tom, I would have said the same damn thing.

This is the type of deal you don't come across very often!
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for that final push, guys! I'll probably have it by Wednesday.

Comment

Good! I've just found out a friend of mine at college works at a Daddy;s Junky Music, so he can get me half-off gear! JCM 800... here I come...
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Working...
            X