banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before and after... updated with new pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Before and after... updated with new pics!

looks waaaaaay better now. love the old ibanez necks

Comment

Simply awesome job! very nice!
      BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
      Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
      Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
      Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
      Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
      Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
      Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
      Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
      Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
      Gibson EBO

Comment

Re: Before and after...

Originally posted by H8Red442 View Post
        Man those old Ibanez guitars were awesome.
        +100! i miss my RG570! anyway very nice, that thing definitely looks much better

Comment

Despite my tendencies for dignity in guitars, that first one looks kinda cool, i thinks. So blatantly gaudy that it's good!
          Wes Montgomery is the cat.

New quote finally:
          "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
          -sosomething

Comment

Nice job, thanks for posting that.

Comment

My compliments on the refret job mate, great work there and a great tutorial for all who would be interested!! Thumbs up!

Being a big Ibby lover myself, I could not resist taking a look at your job!
              I have to admit I liked some of the aspects as you originaly got it, the pickguard looked funky(although the later close up shots showed the graphics were not flawless), but I like that on a RG, did not have anything against the color either, haha, but that's just me and my weird taste! ;-)

The guitar on the right of the group shot of your Ibanez RG's is probably a limited edition 2010 RGR?? If it is, how is that thing??

Thanks again for posting mate, and keep those Ibby's rocking!! ;-)
              "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Surely Vault worthy? I don't think there's a thread about refretting there. Nice matching Marshall too .

What do you do differently in the procedure when using stainless steel frets?
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Wow, that was intense, you make it sound easy but I am still very inexperienced and tool-impaired to actually try sth like it so at the very least you have my respect and admiration!!!
                  Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                  I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                  Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                  Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post

What do you do differently in the procedure when using stainless steel frets?
                    The only real difference I have noticed when installing is that SS frets will hold their curve greater than nickel. With Nickel you can over bend, then flatten as you press them in. SS frets don't like that and will spring back on you.

I install SS frets with CA glue in the slot, and match the radius closer.
                    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

That body colour gives me a headache.

Comment

skills!

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post

The guitar on the right of the group shot of your Ibanez RG's is probably a limited edition 2010 RGR?? If it is, how is that thing??
                          Actually it was an older RG565, but it is now somewhere in Europe.

I have way too many Ibanez floaters now, so some had to go.
                          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I really should sell my RG570, but I hate to part with it.. I think they are cool guits, esp since I love 80s metal..
                            I often think mine is too tame I need to guady it up some.. haha

Ive been thinking about putting purple pups on it...
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                            X