Clear All

Re: Simplified Live Rig!!

sounds awesome!!

look at you...

,...with your kickass gear!!!!

IM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd personally do whatever it took to get my #1 head to a gig supporting Lynch. Take a deep breath, sit down, and think of all the possible options you have for getting it to the gig. Can you get it to the venue early?
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Good luck! That's pretty clever, but are you shure?
        If I were you I'd take no risk and bring my own rig into a cab. Shure it costs ya but this is the gig of your life!
        Shure it's all for the fun but wouldn't you still try to impress them a little? Can't do that without your own signature tone...

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
          Can't do that without your own signature tone...
          Heh ... I've learned that as long as people can hear you, and you have a decent tone, no one will sweat the details.
          Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 09-28-2004, 07:24 PM.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

George is gonna have 2 stacks, and you have a rig that looks equally good.
            Your band has GOT to have at least one friend who will drive'ya.
            Always make friends with homely female fans with SUV's.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Check out the nano amp at zvexamps.com (I don't know how to post links!)
              Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

ok

forget about all that stuff

you WILL bring your normal rig with you. hell, if i lived up there i'd help you out. but you WILL use your normal stuff. come on man!!! you wanna impress him right? well a little ***** pre amp aint gonna do that!!

get your heaviest head and heaviest cab and walk there!!!!!!!!!

Comment

why don't you just carry a backpack with all the small stuff you need and then carry your guitar in one hand and you head in the other? or you could go up to george and tell him your situation and see if you can play through his rig! haha

Comment

Awright, awright!! You've convinced me!
                    I'm going to bring my JCM 800 to the gig. I'm going to run thru the set right now with it to make sure it's up to snuff.

You know what you guys are?! TONE SNOBS!!

("Hello kettle? This is the pot; you're black!")

Comment

Dude...

If your light rig works well, go for it. Personally, I'd be more impressed by a guy squeezing great tone out of a 3lbs. rig than a machismo who thinks size is everything. (No offense intended at all to anyone here, you guys all rule in my opinion...)

I say if the board can get the feed it needs, do it and live off your monitors. That's how I prefer to do gigs, personally.

Comment

Just played the set with the JCM 800.
                        Well, needless to say .... the JCM blows away the Engl! lol
                        More depth, greater headroom, and better tone are just a few benefits you get when you use 50x the power.
                        I'm going to schlep the Marshall into my office tomorrow, and then pick it up Sunday before the gig. How I'm going to get it to the venue, I don't know! I'm basically making this up as I go along!

Comment

http://zvexamps.com/amp_view.html
                          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Just thought of something ? Seen alot of guys carry there amps etc.
                            on the Subway with frames from carry on luggage(the one's w/t wheels ) with the amp straped
                            on with bunge cords? I even saw a guy with a standup bass in one hand
                            and a small bass combo strapped on in the other.
                            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

good choice TO!!!

now it's gonna be like a tone wars between you and george!!!!!!

Comment

Bring the Rivera There has to be atleast one forum member in NYC who would drive ya
                                Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Working...
                                X