Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you John!!!!! (Stratdeluxer)

Hey guys.

Just thought I'd make a quick post to thank John Spina for his excellent work on the TS9 pedal he sent me last week.

I've not yet had chance to give the pedal a try at band practise, but have managed to crank it up in my room a few times

At the minute I'm using my Boss SD1 as a clean boost, the TS9 as my 'light' rhythm sound and my amps (JCM800 or JTM60) as 'Heavy' rhythm.

The TS9 absolutely smokes for the sound I'm after! It absolutely nails the 60's and 70's rock sound that I've been looking for.

I use the TS9 with gain at about 9 o clock, tone at 12 o clock and level at about 1 o clock and with this setting the tone is a little gritty, but still has lots of balls and sustain. With my SD1 as a lead boost, it's an awesome overdrive sound for all my classic rock cover songs

I know it's not too good a review, but I'll probably post back when I've tried the pedal with my band

Once again, hats off to John for providing me with a kickass pedal

Craig

Re: Thank you John!!!!! (Stratdeluxer)

I've been wanting myself a TS9 when I get the money... does John get the pedal and mod it, or do you have to buy it and send it to him?
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
      I've been wanting myself a TS9 when I get the money... does John get the pedal and mod it, or do you have to buy it and send it to him?
      Buy your TS9 and send it to me..They are too pricey for me to buy and keep stock on em...

Craig..Glad the pedals are sounding great for you brother...Glad to hear it and thanks for posting..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

John's modded SD-1 kicked some serious butt last night at band practice!! Crushed the front end of my little old classic 30 big time! Endless sustain and tight bass.........vrey nice!

Kevin

Comment

I bet 80% of the forum has at least one pedal modded by John, and 30% has more than one.

Building yourself quite the reputation John! Keep kicking ass!
          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Yep, I bet knowledge about how nice his mods are is leaking everywhere more or less slowly.. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.... I have both SD-1 and DS-1 modded by him and I couldn't be happier...

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon
              Yep, I bet knowledge about how nice his mods are is leaking everywhere more or less slowly.. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.... I have both SD-1 and DS-1 modded by him and I couldn't be happier...
              Thanks buddy...I've done way more pedals than I ever had a right to thanks to all of you and this forum...Maybe I need to go on retirement or completely blind,not sure which?

I've received all of the recognition I think I deserve also and maybe too much of a good thing might hurt me also? If someone is going to copy the mods I've done for you all,I have no control over that,but I've sure done way more pedals than I ever thought was possible....Moderation is the key though and I Like quality in my work...

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
              X